SS wacht(uber) Mantel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS wacht(uber) Mantel

I am posting this Mantel at the request of another forum member who wanted to see it as a basis of comparison. It was originally owned by M. Beaver..and featured in his three volume series. He acquired it along with several other SS items of clothing which I was fortunate to acquire as well..all pieces owned at one point by the same individual. It shares many of the same characteristics (I believe) as its Heer counterpart. Its very well constructed, quite heavy..and an incredible amount of detail in construciton and hardware and material to study. I keep it mainly because I have a another SS wrapper which shares almost identical methods of construction, hardware, and is also as this constructed out of two different types of wool in some key places ( identical to both pieces) which in my mind helps to authenticate the SS wrapper. The boards are not original to the coat. If you believe the Mantel to be a "high end" fake..Im comfortable with any and all opinions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 01-19-2006, 09:05 PM.

Details of interior. The blanket lining material is quite the same as regular "heer" blankets I've held..and also the small round "cutouts" for the ears on the various army..luft and SS camo hoods issued with the camo outfits. The stampings are fairly well washed out and bled into the wool..making them all but illegible.
    Attached Files

Comment

Rear of Mantel
      Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 01-19-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Interior of Left and right sleeve arm..I post only as there is no evidence that the sleeve lining was ever removed and resewn...that is...not a converted "Heer" Mantel. The sewing of the sleeve binding material which connects the arm to the body of the jacket has never been taken out...and no evidence of prior sewing. NO evidence also on the CUFF of the sleeves that the lining has ever been undone...pulled through..so as to apply the eagle. Several weights and shades of green and grey threads used thoroughtout the constructin...no evidence of tampering.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 01-19-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Wearers right arm
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X