SS Honour Ring Query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Honour Ring Query?

In regards to SS Honour Rings what was the criteria for attaining this award in the SS, I mean did it matter what rank you were or what date you entered the SS or what particular area you were assigned?

3 years keeping your nose clean after becomming an officer. You could then apply for your SSTK

Comment

Thanks JR, I thought there was more to it than that.
      Any estimates of numbers distributed ?
      Also was any ranking officer eligible ?

With thanks.

Comment

14,000 documented Sir, with a possible estimate of 4-600 more that may have been awarded. The period documentation didn't inclued the first 3 years of the award (1933-1935), so that 4-6000 is an estimate. From 1936 on, each year has the break down on the number of SSTK that were given out. 2nd Lt. was the requirement for the award. JR

Comment

Need me to send you one Sir ?

Comment

Who got the ring?

Every SS man who had SS # 5000 and down were eligible for the ring.

Also officers who joined the SS before Jan.1933,,after that date they had to do 3 years of continuous service.

SS members who held the Gold Party Badge were eligible..

SS members who had service time to other organizations before their SS service had their own criteria...

The first 500 SS volunteers from Netherlands if they received a combat award at the front.

Himmler reserved the right to give the ring to any holders of the Knights Cross and pretty sure the Coburg Badge also..,G.

Comment

Thanks for the additional info Gaspare.

Hi JR yes you can send me one if you want.

Comment

The award of SS TK rings to RK winners that even had only tangential membership in the SS is documented (for example, those who were primarily army officers, but happened to retain their allgemeine SS rank). Such awards of the ring also came with promotions to SS LT in the reserves. Lets face it, the more RK winners you could claim for your organization, the better your organization was!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X