SS Fez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Fez

Picked this one up recently. I've never had one before but it looked right as rain to me so I bought it. Nice bevo insignia stitched in dark red thread and padded out too.

Look ok?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ben,
          nice texbook example

Cheers,
          Francesco

Comment

I agree. A textbook example. Likely brought back from the storehouses at Dachau by a member of the 45th Division. These were used as baskets by the vets to hold all of their souvenir SS insignia.
            Bob

Comment

Right as rain......Billbert Dachau also my vote !!

Comment

All is good on this one.Ive seen a ton (and own 3 myself) but have never seen one w/ the size STAMPED on the sweatshield.Usually they have the size stamped in white ink on the interior & a cheesecloth label w/ size thats attached on the inside seam of the sweatband. Ive always been curious about the insignia variations on these as well. My 2 red fez were both obtained by Thunderbirds & both stories were that they were obtained at dachau. ( I used to live & grew up in Texas city Tx) The insignia on these were pretty much the same,same tk but different adler. Im just curious did dachau have that many variations of insignia on hand? Not casting doubts on originallity of this fez Im confident its 100% original...just curious if its a dachau piece & if that many insignia variations existed in its stores? Beautiful piece btw & glad to see one thats not been robbed of its insignia as we have been seeing of late! Please see my 2 examples below & note the 2 TKs are EXACT the adler are different. NICE FIND!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Fez #2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys, I must admitt that I had to look long and hard at the TK on this fez before I bought it, it's not a variation I've seen much of before..

Comment

Nice FEZ!
                      There is a lot of variety on the insignia with these.
                      I think Dachau was a STORAGE facility for much of the insignia and the clothing items but they were actually made elsewhere by contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                        Nice FEZ!
                        There is a lot of variety on the insignia with these.
                        I think Dachau was a STORAGE facility for much of the insignia and the clothing items but they were actually made elsewhere by contract.
                        Thanks R.H. for clearing that up.Man Id love to see pictures of the storage facilities with all that great stuff laying around! Anyone know of any book or website showing this?

Comment

Ben,Nice buy, a particular favourite TK of mine

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X