SS insignia I picked up last week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS insignia I picked up last week.

Hi Guys, I thought that I would share these with you all to help the new forum get started. I have already posted the officers sleeve eagle in the thread started by Bernie a couple of days ago.
    Here are the other items that came with it from the estate of a British Veteran who fought in both North Africa and D-Day onwards in North West Europe where he picked up these badges. First is a SS runes collar tab in wire.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Reverse of collar tab. The tab was once glued into a photo album I believe. I am awaiting more details of the Vets service from his son. I like to record all I can about any items that I obtain for my collection .
    Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mountain troopers Edelwiess badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.
        Attached Files

Comment

Couple of very fine pieces you have! Congrats!
          Best regards,

Tony

Comment

SS cap eagle. Pity it has lost both it's pins.
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse showing makers mark SS 475/39 RZM. I even like the back of this badge as it has an Art Deco look to it .
              Attached Files

Comment

Well guys, that's the lot as far as SS items go. There was also a Schupo police eagle and a Heer Bevo uncut breast eagle in the small group. I know that buying it made my Christmas and also the Vets son. He thought that no one collected this stuff as he thought it had no interest and he was going to throw it all in the bin . Now he is several hundred £'s richer and checking that his Dad did not bring back anything else .
                Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Very fine pieces Adrian, what a Christmas!
                  Regards,
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Ade,
                    its nice when you get a result congrats, from the look of it, is the Hand embroidered runic on moleskin?
                    cheers,
                    Gary

Comment

Hi Gary, yes, the runic tab is on moleskin backing cloth it is very soft to the touch. It is one of the things about SS insignia that I love, the sheer quality of construction of them. The funny thing was, before buying this lot, I had decided not to buy any more "bits" of uniforms, but to try and just buy complete items. But having seen so much rubbish on offer on the 'net and at shows, when I saw this little lot I just had to have them, they were so nice that they talked to you . Before anyone asks sorry, they are not for sale .
                      Cheers, Ade.

Comment

ade,
                        i love items off tunics and in used condition, here is a little lot i bought tonight,nothing rare but just nice
                        cheers,
                        Gary
                        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

and the backs
                          Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Hi Gary;

Nice score! Does the strap show any signs of a cypher being attached at one time?
                            Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony,
                              no the strap has not had a cypher on, the guy said he had a few more items which he will sort out so here hoping :-),
                              cheers,
                              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X