White Piped Officer's Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob,

The eagle is a little loose (slides a bit). I didn't notice it off center until after I took the photo.

What appears to be a pin protruding in the photo is actually a wear hole in the lining. Niether pin protrudes into the lining/interior.

Comment

Dan, What is the lining material made of ?. How about a shot of the rear cap seams.Cheers Steve

Comment

Steve,

I bombarded Gary W. with pictures of the cap yesterday (Sorry Gary). I don't recall if there was a good view showing the rear seams, but looking at the cap, I can tell you that the seams on the velvet bad and the cloth top are lined up together at the center rear.

Regarding the lining, the sides of the interior appear to be of a greyish cotton material, while the top lining (which is somewhat discolored on the exposed areas) feels/looks to be of a yellowish gold silk-like material.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there's a very similar visor on the GD forum that was deemed completely authentic. I remember the fact that it had the two different lining colours and an identical looking s/band.
          For what it's worth, I think your cap is a very nice original.
          Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben. Until I happened onto to this forum, I didn't fully realize what a complicated area this was. I appreciate all of the expert opinions from everyone.

By any chance do you have a link to the other cap you mentioned? I'd be very interested in seeing it.

Comment

I was looking at it today, I'll see if I can find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK
                I'm pretty sure that there's a very similar visor on the GD forum that was deemed completely authentic. I remember the fact that it had the two different lining colours and an identical looking s/band.
                For what it's worth, I think your cap is a very nice original.
                Ben
                I completely agree with you. Nice cap Vibrant is how I would describe it. I see no problem with the amount in wear to the inside versus the outside band. The lining shows discoloration and undoubtedly in person you might pick up on more but from the photos themselves it seems consistent and there is some staining to the top of the cap.

Comment

Thanks Lloyd. I like your term "Vibrant". Compared to my army visors, this cap is a very attractive shade of field grey.

Comment

Looks good. Cross hatching under the visor is pretty unheard of in fakes. I thought it was a Janke till I saw that. Ned

Comment

nederland, Janke used to use original surplus visors with cross hatching back in the 60s,70s and 80s. There are plenty of fakes with crosshatching.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X