M43 Officer's for Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 Officer's for Discussion

I'm considering purchasing this M43 officer's cap. Would like to get some input on it's originality or lack thereof.
    Thanks, Doug
    Attached Files

Pic2...
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic3...
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic4...
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic5...
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful looking cap..original insignia..BUT I think the concensus of opinion was there is a posibility it was post war made..buttons and liner are a little different the some norms..even appears to have statni film stamps blacked out..If it was 500 bucks I d add it to my collection but if its 3500 I d hesitate..I m sure this cap will generate some lively discusion...Billbert Large stocks of Italian offficers guality cloth around post war through today..I hear..

Comment

These Italian cloth ss caps make me nervous, there's an awful lot on the market, especially Officer versions. The fact that it may have Czech film studio markings would also make me tread carefully. As I understand it, most of the studio caps were stripped of all insignia. I would double check that the liner hasn't been opened on this one.

Comment

I've heard that a lot of these caps were found inissued in Germany not so long ago with other mint stuff.I've seen several for sale here in Italy,some without insigna,some with the BeVo trap,none with the two pieces.So it's probably original but restored?? post-war.I think that Alter-Art,an italian member of the Forum,can tell something more about these caps

Cheers
                Emilio

Comment

Ah, that would explain why this charlie has got so many on his site.
                  http://www.antiquamilitaria.it

Comment

You dont need a big amount of money to find out a nice original bevo set and stich it on a nice gabardine cap....and with all those gabardine+trap around out there you would be more trustable, isnt it?

Original cap, original insignas but not original item.

Cheers
                    T

Comment

So, is the consensus that all Italian wool ss m43's are fake, or is there something about the construction of this cap that makes it post-war? If so, could someone point out a few of the differences, or post an original Italian wool M43 for comparison?

Thanks, Doug

Comment

Not at all Doug, Italian cloth ss caps did exist.
                        Your cap may very well be authentic, the insignia is 100% original for sure but the question is whether they are original to the cap or applied post war.

Comment

Doug, as Ben said there are many ss m43 caps in italian cloth,just not as many as there are out there now...Billbert

Comment

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...os/S15352.html

This is good, belive me.

Cheers
                            T

Comment

Agree with you a goodone but restores.... a lot here in Italy.

Originally posted by Panzerfaust
                              ......I've seen several for sale here in Italy,some without insigna,some with the BeVo trap,none with the two pieces........

Cheers
                              Emilio
                              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X