Allgemeine SS EM Visor Cap Opinion Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeine SS EM Visor Cap Opinion Request

Allgemeine SS EM Visor Cap...opinions please.

Thanks,

Ed

edhicks82@aol.com
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

As you can read a very nice Sonderanfertigung.

Comment

What's not to like?! And by a seldom-seen maker of EM caps. Congratulations.

Comment

Prachtstueck.

Originally posted by Robert Hassler
                  As you can read a very nice Sonderanfertigung.

This is a Mueller/Dachauerstrasser Sonderanfertigung of rather late make, and in splendid condition. It also diverges from the norm with the use of the party colored lining, i.e. as found in NSDAP caps---but wholly real. A wonderful cap, to be sure. Mueller made a goodly % of black caps, as well as other NSDAP headwear. I am sure they profited from the RZM having its Hauptsitz in Munich, or there was some old, longstanding connection, in any case. The runes in the sweat shield also diverge somewhat from the normal imprint, but I have seen this pattern as well. Also of note is the ersatz sweat band, which is quite typical of these caps from this maker. A pleasing cap that stands out from the rest. It is also rather more Tellermuetze like than the kind of last production cap. Compare this one to the Silesian one that turned up ten days ago devoid of insignia. The Sonderanfertigung caps are much more rare than the einfache Muetze with the cotton water proof lining. Viel Sammlerglueck. PS For those with money and then some, the mate to this cap as an officer's version is on Maederer's site at a rather staggering sum. It is a Sonderanfertigung of similar date, but it has no runes in the lining, which is a variation of an unexpected kind. I have also recently examined a very nice black Mueller leader's cap of particularly high quality that was offered here, with a leather peak. A marvelous piece. Congratulations to its new owner and a happy new yeard replete with much headwear and historical gew gaws to all.
                  Last edited by Donald Abenheim; 01-01-2006, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X