Germania cuff title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germania cuff title

Hi there, in my eyes this is a real one, but would like your opinions on it please.
    All the best Morten.
    Attached Files

I think we need some closer shots of this to give an educated opinion.

Bob

Comment

ss germania cuff title

Hi Bob, the tunic wont arrive at my place until early next week, so I can't post any close ups right now, but I can provide a link to where there are more pictures of the tunic and close ups of the cuff title. The pictures are way too big to put on the forum and I don't have the computer skills to downsize them!!
      http://home.no.net/lahen/germania.htm

Morten

Comment

A nice looking tunic overall, correct style for the years those collar tabs were used. Can anyone shed light on the eagle, I had the assumption this type was a mid to late war type. In fact Im curious as to how we know what dates an item. After looking in the Beaver book and finding the early LAH tunic with the Bevo eagle on it I wonder if these were produced earlier than we think?

Comment

Hi Morten,

Super Tunic. Cuff title looks spot on 7 strand and neat lettering, Lovely SS2 patch to boot. A cracker!

regards

Mark

Comment

All insignias are original, no doubts about it.
            Check if it is not an upgrated WH tunic and if the cloth insignias are original sawn on. Otherwise it would be a very nice rar VT tunic.

Comment

Well, I got to agree with you Robert. That SS2 collar tabs is worn and the rest of the tunis is minty. I do NOT say its post war sewn on to the collar but gives you a reason to be extra cautious.

The combination of a SS VT SS2 collar tab and Block letter cuff title is also not very common but could still be totally ok!

Nice and rare version of the Germania Cuff

Sk******229;l,

Felix
              Last edited by Felix; 12-30-2005, 04:24 PM.

Comment

ss germania cuff title

Hi folks, thank you for the replies. I actually bought this jacket from Germany 8/9 years ago, but I traded it with friend of mine 6 years ago, and now I managed to get it back. There are no signs that there has ever been an army eagle on it, but I don't have enough knowledge to know if it was put together in 1940 or 1990! The reason I brought up the cuff was that somebody had an issue with it and I just wanted to run it past you guys. I'll try and take some close ups when the tunic returns to me next week. Why the SS2 number is a little worn on the collar, I don't really know, but I had the tunic on a manaquin with full equipment and the strap for the mp40 when you had it over the shoulder the strap was actually touching the number 2, not an explanation just a funny observation
                All the best Morten

Comment

Early tunics: 4 button, hidden button closed collar

Hi,

It is not often we see this early tunics and I would like to learn some more about the early tunics as this is an area I am not familiar with. I have been looking a little into Mr. Beaver vol. 1 regarding the M 1936 Field service uniform.

I see that this example is a 4 button tunic with a hidden button under the collar to close it, which is seen on early tunics. The 4 pockets are all on the "outside" of the tunic as we see on later M 40/41 tunics. What is the reason for the 2 lower pockets not being made on the "inside" of the tunic as seen in Mr. Beaver book? Is this a manufacture variation? Was it possible for the EM/NCO to order tunics with individual variations etc.?

Thanks for all educational comments.

I wish you all a happy new year and thanks to all that have contributed to this forum with their experience for others to learn from.

Rgds
                  Pål

Comment

Bax here is another four pocket early tunic
                    Last edited by John Pic; 12-23-2007, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic
                      Bax here is another four pocket early tunic
                      Hi John,

Thanks for showing the picture. I understand that it is just a variation in production.

Thanks.

Rgds
                      Pål

Comment

Hi,
                        Interesting tunic, IMO remounted because this later eagle is incompatible with an early ss tunic and with a SS2 collar tab.
                        I dont know evidence in pictures of the war time with this tunic for VT or Waffen SS, seams a SD tunic for EM with extra button under the neck, that remember the early Vt tunic.
                        This sistem of clousure was abolish wery early after the war was began and disappear with the VT tunic M37 .
                        This sistem of clousure was survived only sometime on tunic for Officer or NCO, producted privately (like the Officer "D" tunic posted) or on SD tunic for EM, but not for combat use, naturally IMO.
                        I post here some pictures of one regular 4 button M37 VT Tunic and a M36 5 button SSTunic (the same model of the Heer) both prewar constructed and both used in the same early years of the war like is published in the Beaver Book.
                        This is a very interesting thread!
                        Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2006!!
                        BY
                        Lorenzo
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X