Alg SS visor, too good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alg SS visor, too good to be true?

Okay guys, whattabout this one, if this ones real its stone mint and never had insignia.
    Attached Files

Visor 2

Opinions appreciated as usual, good or bad its all an education!
    Attached Files

Comment

ganz echt

Before you is one of the last Sonderanfertigung enlisted black SS caps made in the III. Reich in Saxony or Silesia. It is wholly authentic, even if it is slightly different from the norm. Be careful of the sweat band, it is very fragile. A rare and pleasing piece. The one I examined had a Zimmermann TK of the date of 1941. I imagine that is when manufacture of these ceased, despite what collector group think will dictate other wise. Compare this cap to the officer's cap on Maederer's site to see its officer counterpart of the same era. Sapere aude. Viel Sammlerglueck.

Comment

Steve,

If you acquire this cap, I would consider NOT putting any insignia on it, especially if there was never any applied. I would leave this just this way... straight out of the factory without insignia. That's a beauty! You don't get pieces like this very often... right off the shelf like it was yesterday.

Bob

Comment

Cap

Thanks guys Im going to attempt to snag it.

Comment

Visor cap cont.....

Well I missed it on Eban the Eban SS pulled it, the dealers flaky with horrible feedback, now Ive got a New Jersey police detective doing my footwork to hand the guy cash for the cap, hes armed with both weapon and photos, Ill let you guys know how this saga ends. It will be for sale on this forum first.

Thanks for assistance.

Comment

!!!!!

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan
              Well I missed it on Eban the Eban SS pulled it, the dealers flaky with horrible feedback, now Ive got a New Jersey police detective doing my footwork to hand the guy cash for the cap, hes armed with both weapon and photos, Ill let you guys know how this saga ends. It will be for sale on this forum first.

Thanks for assistance.
              Donnerwetter! Good luck. It is a real cap and from a rather rare maker of these things.

Comment

Very nice! I certainly woud like to own such a treasure. Could you please confirm the Hersteller # - is that 27? Hard to read on my laptop - thanks!

Comment

Okay guys its here, its friggin mint, never seen insignia, even has rolled up 1947 newspapers around it and inside to protect it, Check the Estand its for SALE.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X