Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Visor Questions

Gentlemen,

I'm trying to learn about the complicated world of SS visors, so that someday I can make an educated purchase.

What are your thoughts on the arty "George Kurz" visor and the panzer "Meisterklasse" visors on the website http://65.160.172.250/frames.html ?

Sorry I couldn't get the exact link, but I'd appreciate any helpful comments.

"We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

I would pass both of these. Maker mark on the Kurz cap should be stamped directly on the lining for example. And this "meisterklasse" looks so messed, heavy usage on the inside, expect this "meisterklasse" shines like a beacon. And what they have scraped of on the other of the lining?

In fact, I wouldn't buy anything from that site, about 95% of the stuff are questionable.

L

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L
      In fact, I wouldn't buy anything from that site, about 95% of the stuff are questionable.
      I'd be tempted to say more like 99.9%
      Avoid like the plague!

Comment

Come on guys everyone know TR Depot has all original suff. Original Janke!

Comment

why it cames to the name bob hritz in the "brants gallery"
          thats an user here right?
          dubios that this name displayed on such a site

Comment

The assault gunner wrap looks like one Ive examined before that somehow had some insignia changes done? Might be wrong but it looks very very close

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Man
              why it cames to the name bob hritz in the "brants gallery"
              thats an user here right?
              dubios that this name displayed on such a site

swiss-man,
              if you knew of Bob Hritz you would realise there is nothing dubious about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                swiss-man,
                if you knew of Bob Hritz you would realise there is nothing dubious about him.
                I associate myself with my moderator-colleague's comment. I hold colleague Hritz in the highest esteem. He is a leader in this field, and his collection of material stands at the very forefront of our endeavor. Viel Sammlerglueck Potsscriptum The cap on the site is a kind of Clemens Wagner, with colored piping, which is a source of controversy. Colleague Coleman has suggested that Wagner caps masquerade in a particularly well executed form of fake. One can only ascertain the essence of the piece at hand by a personal examination.The images do not suffice, and I would be somewhat dubious of the cap badges. To be sure, this site in question had a fair amount of very problematic material in the past----but the story of same is revealed in shocking detail on the site itself and is quite sobering; but I have great faith in colleague's Hritz's assessment of material. I can say as to this cap maker that they made a great number of black caps, and I imagine that they made grey ones, as well.

Comment

"I'd be tempted to say more like 99.9% Avoid like the plague!"

BUT,what about all those lovely field caps (especially the 44 Dot SS-BW one !) ..... surely one of them must be OK !!

Oh well perhaps not.

As for mentioning Mr Hritz in relation to the items it's sort of 'authenticity by association'.

Ian.

Comment

Bad site, especially for a beginner. Once you become a veteran then you can go and look at this site for a good laugh, especially the letters from SATISFIED and GRATEFUL CUSTOMERS (read: FOOLS).

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                      Bad site, especially for a beginner. Once you become a veteran then you can go and look at this site for a good laugh, especially the letters from SATISFIED and GRATEFUL CUSTOMERS (read: FOOLS).

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                        ...the letters from SATISFIED and GRATEFUL CUSTOMERS (read: FOOLS).
                        Bob
                        Actually my gut-feeling is that most of the testimonials on there are
                        as phoney as everything else. When I first came across this site awhile
                        back, I couldn't believe it. I have never seen a dealer more
                        enthusiastically or conspicuously clueless about what it is he/she is buying
                        and selling. There are actually more repros on the original pages than
                        on the repro page. Can you imagine how many hundreds of thousands
                        of dollars are tied up on there? I mean that 'Wall of Generals' story is
                        indeed a tragic tale and everything, but it could have easily been
                        avoided with a little homework and some common sense. The whole
                        thing smacks of an irresponsible fool blowing the family (or wife's)
                        inheritance.

Gary - I don't think swissman was questioning Mr. Hritz's integrity
                        at all. I believe he was just stating that it was doubtful that someone
                        of his impeccable reputation would have much more than a passing
                        affiliation with the site. At least that's how I took it. I have found
                        that it is quite easy to be misconstrued on the this forumn, tho!

Comment

Go to www.rupturedduck..com Bill's items are a little high, but you are getting real items

Comment

I think this thread got hijacked when we all discovered where that URL would lead. I would recommend holding onto that site URL and use it to see what BAD stuff looks like. Take it for granted that nothing on there is genuine and use the site to educate yourself on what's BAD.

Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X