HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS 8 year medal... good or fake... and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS 8 year medal... good or fake... and why?

Hi all, Is this a good one?? If yes or no, why?
    I was told that the good ones had a grained (pebbled) back and the fakes have a "machined" back but I honestly don’t see any differences.
    Bloody medals!!!…
    Marc
    Attached Files

other side....
    Attached Files

Comment

detail...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
        Hi all, Is this a good one?? If yes or no, why?
        I was told that the good ones had a grained (pebbled) back and the fakes have a "machined" back but I honestly don’t see any differences.
        Bloody medals!!!…
        Marc
        Marc, persanally I like this medal. I like its graining, which hard reproduce for fakers and it has correct details (runes, wreath, text, eye e.t.c.) for this type of medals.

Comment

Marc.

It's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
            Marc.

It's good.
            Yes indeed

It looks like the jump ring has been reattached.

Comment

Its a good one.
              The jump ring soldering is fine and hasnt been re-attached.It looks like that because its such an enlarged photo.

Comment

I tend to agree with the others it looks good to me also although medals are really not my thing,
                cheers
                Gary

Comment

Thank you all for the reply.
                  I got the piece from a retired Israeli high-ranking officer living in Belgium. He is a big collector of Napoleonic swords / pistols and he came across a handful of nice Nazi medals which he wands to donate to the holocaust museum… I try to change his mind on this project but these guys are stubborn! Anyhow, he had this one double and has given it to me.
                  Because the source was not 100% traceable I preferred to ask you guys opinion before to put it in my display case.
                  Marc
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 03-31-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

The issue period has been discussed before in old threads and these were issued for a short time before being supereseded by the wehrmacht service medals.
                      Robin lumsdens book"awards and decorations of Hitlers germany also mentions the brief period of distribution from spring 1939 till the outbreak of ww2.

Comment

Hi Kiefer,

I made a search, but couldn't find any comprehesive thread on the subject. Could you please direct me to one?

KR
                        Peter

Originally posted by keifer kahn
                        The issue period has been discussed before in old threads and these were issued for a short time before being supereseded by the wehrmacht service medals.
                        Robin lumsdens book"awards and decorations of Hitlers germany also mentions the brief period of distribution from spring 1939 till the outbreak of ww2.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
                          Thank you all for the reply.
                          I got the piece from a retired Israeli high-ranking officer living in Belgium. He is a big collector of Napoleonic swords / pistols and he came across a handful of nice Nazi medals which he wands to donate to the holocaust museum… I try to change his mind on this project but these guys are stubborn! Anyhow, he had this one double and has given it to me.
                          Because the source was not 100% traceable I preferred to ask you guys opinion before to put it in my display case.
                          Marc
                          Marc.
                          Stop showing off !

Comment

Hi Peter,
                            Ill try and find them for you.I know i contributed to one of them.
                            They were a while ago but i should be able to find at least one of them.

Comment

Right On

Love your display Marc. Bigger and more pictures please!

thnx
                              Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X