Attached Files

Comment

!
        Attached Files

Comment

+
          Attached Files

Comment

do you have a better picture of the piping?
            cheers
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
              do you have a better picture of the piping?
              cheers
              Gary
              Hi Gary, no these are the only pics i've got ( i thought they were pretty good shots of the piping) but i'll ask for another.
              Regards Greg

Comment

I like these shoulder boards, but only one thing looks strange - their button holles looks a bit long.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergey
                  I like these shoulder boards, but only one thing looks strange - their button holles looks a bit long.
                  Thanks for the input Sergey. Anyone else agree or see anything odd?

Comment

IMO nice looking boards.

Comment

IMO...These boards look good to me. They were made under contract by a firm in Czechoslovakia during the war. Does anyone have an opinion on the silver Tresse? Would love to hear what people have to say. I believe this Tresse to be the mid-late style Tresse produced after the Heer introduced subdued Tresse. The Waffen preferred silver Tresse far over the subdued type and had this type produced...It was at that time that th elongated diamond pattern was introduced as evidenced by these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wessels
                        IMO...These boards look good to me. They were made under contract by a firm in Czechoslovakia during the war. Does anyone have an opinion on the silver Tresse? Would love to hear what people have to say. I believe this Tresse to be the mid-late style Tresse produced after the Heer introduced subdued Tresse. The Waffen preferred silver Tresse far over the subdued type and had this type produced...It was at that time that th elongated diamond pattern was introduced as evidenced by these boards.
                        I know that some collectors <small>consider that this tresse is original, but beside that I beleive it was produced not during the war and prefer to have in my collection items with tress like in that thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1303351

I am sorry but in collecting I am a sceptic.
                        </small>
                        Last edited by Sergey; 11-27-2005, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Sergey,

I'm not toally sold eigther one way or the other....What I'm trying to hunt down is a war time photo. If aftar a search I am unable to find one period photo showing this Tresse in wear, I'll then say 100% post war. I just want to be carefull about making up my mind without first a study....I've been wrong before. Anyone have a pics in there colections that may be of help????

Comment

Originally posted by Wessels
                            The Waffen preferred silver Tresse far over the subdued type and had this type produced...It was at that time that th elongated diamond pattern was introduced as evidenced by these boards.
                            Wessels,
                            I have never heard of this, what evidence do you have to support this theory?

cheers
                            gary

Comment

Where does the elongated trusses come from and does it means it is definitely fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X