SS ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS ring

hey Guys. Glenn here. just wanted to get your opinions on this ring here. this belongs to a co-worker of mine. His Father was in the army during the war and this and other pieces are what He brought back as trophies. He has a decent amount with a few outstanding pieces such as a NCO Luft. sword with original blue velvet bag, a nice matching P08, artillery NCO visor and various medals. just trying to help Him out for He might want to part with these items. Im not into them as my hands are full in my own personal areas/interests but I know these rings are repro'd alot. as I said though, all his other stuff is unquestionably good. I just dont have any experience whatsoever about this type of thing and He wants to make sure it is the real deal. not a pick up after the war from His Father although He doesnt think He got anything else once He got back to the states. any information on this would be greatly appreciated. also if it is good, what would be a fair market value for this? thanks Guys. Glenn
    Attached Files

side view, there are no markings anywhere on this ring.
    Attached Files

Comment

I never seen it before and IMO can be original from WWII, but I don't like runes.... ... maybe other opinions?
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Well it certainly is nothing official and the engraving is not such that it would even be a jeweler-quality private purchase item in my opinion. Anything is possible and this could have been a simple ring into which its SS owner had runes crudely engraved. However, that would be impossible to verify. Also, keep in mind that there was a thriving trade in souvenirs for the occupying Allied forces in Germany and other occupied areas following the war. An enterprising individual could have converted this into an "SS" ring himself to sell it to a GI. Hence it could be a period vet bring-back and still not be an original SS ring. It wouldn't be for me.

Regards,
        Brad

Comment

I will say that I personally wouldnt purchase or even have this piece in my collection if I was into this area of collecting. but as I said the rest of His stuff is definitely good. I agree, probably just a whatever ring, from that time period but not the valuable style you Guys look for. thanks for the comments. I'll pass on the info to Him. Glenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X