waffen ss bergmutze opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waffen ss bergmutze opinions please

Hi guys, I need your help on this bergmutze, opinion are welcome. Sorry for pictures. This is what I have.
    Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

Attached Files
    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
      Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
        Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Attached Files
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Very odd cap on lots of counts. The construction is strange with the long peak, double air vents, lining, etc. All these aspects would make me want to pass, without looking at the insignia in any detail.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Adrian, but I am waiting for more good pictures on details, I will post it soon. Other opinions on these pictures please?

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
              Very odd cap on lots of counts. The construction is strange with the long peak, double air vents, lining, etc. All these aspects would make me want to pass, without looking at the insignia in any detail.

Cheers, Ade.
              Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

re

I would pass on this one
                the eagle and the skull are postwar repro/fakes
                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Hi,

I will try to comment on the insignia based on the pictures. The eagle does not look to good. I t looks like the same as in the fake tread on page 6 picture #82 (upper right corner).

I am not to keen on the skull based on the pictures, I think it is missing the correct design as well. I might be wrong here and maybe a better picture will clarify.

Rgds
                  Pål

Comment

Thanks for your comments, You are right maybe a better picture will clarify. I will post it as soon as possible.

Originally posted by Bax
                    Hi,

I will try to comment on the insignia based on the pictures. The eagle does not look to good. I t looks like the same as in the fake tread on page 6 picture #82 (upper right corner).

I am not to keen on the skull based on the pictures, I think it is missing the correct design as well. I might be wrong here and maybe a better picture will clarify.

Rgds
                    Pål
                    Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

In comparison to originals I've looked closely at, the grommets on the side look odd to me. The color of the stitching looks tan when it should be more of a Feldgrau. Yes, stitching on uniform items after wear and washing faded to a tan color....but they were not tan when sewn as this item looks. Just my opinion and I hope it helps.

Comment

ss

Unless your getting this hat for $100 or less as a copy, I would not buy it if I were you. As stated it is a complete reproduction...

Marty
                        I love the beach.

Comment

Sorry, this is a one-looker. The insignia are 100% fake.
                          Not a WSS bermutze at all, someone just added this fake insignia.
                          Run Away!

Comment

Does the hat stand any chance of being period??What is it marked inside??Billbert

Comment

The entire hat is a very odd style. Of course, in original photos, you see a lot of odd caps. If you are just looking for a M-43 cap, there are standard examples to be found. That would be a much safer avenue than the pictured hat.

The insignia photos are not clear enough for my tired, old eyes.

Bob Hritz
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X