US Commander of Dacau Dies in WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Commander of Dacau Dies in WA

HI; Former US Commander of Dacau dies in Hawkes Prarie, Washington a couple of weeks ago. Family dumps piles of Allach SS stuff ect. at a garage sale. They keep out daggers and a few other items. I hope to get a few things second hand from a guy who pitched up second at the sale and picked up a few left overs. Has some plain rank tabs, salt and pepper silver sets and a few other little items. Guy wants my chained Navy (yes, CHAINED Navy and it's the only original one known) that's pictured in Whitmans Book on the Navy Daggers. Had it for years. Probably have to cough it up to get anything out of his pile. SS stuff makes me nuts and I'm not really into it . I might get something tomorrow at the Puyallup, WA gunshow. I will post any pictures of the stuff if I get any.

Brings to mind the craziest war souvinor I ever heard of. The uncle of the guy I got the Chained Navy from was the vet. who brought it back. He also brought back an SS Man. Lived with him for 15 years after the war in Washington State. The vet. never married. Wird? Crazy Doug

Interesting thing to collect....

Maybe gay?

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
      Interesting thing to collect....

Maybe gay?

Comment

hunting/drinking buddy?

Comment

Well, since the SS man was a direct vet bring-back, I guess he's OK, but, otherwise, I would suspect he was a post-war copy.

Comment

Hi; He didn't show. Bummer. Doug

Comment

Hi, very interesting!

What exactly do you mean by "US Daucau commander"

Thanks!
              Chris

Comment

I'm sure he's talking about the U.S. commanding officer of KL Dachau after the war ended. It was a prison camp, primarily for SS men. I believe that the "SS Trials" were held there in Dachau. Additionally, the remains of the war criminals that were hung were taken to Dachau and cremated in the crematorium.

If I am wrong on this, correction please!

Bob

Comment

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
                  Thanks for the additional info.

Best, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X