SS eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS eagle

Gentlemen, thoughts on this eagle greatly appreciated..thanks and best regards

David
    Attached Files

from what i know it looks good,
    Semper Fi

Comment

Looks like a good one

Glenn
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Its a post war copy by Carl Seidler

Sorry to bring bad news, but this is my opinion!

//Felix

Comment

I agree with Felix. Sorry ...

Comment

Although, this "look" of eagle has been heavily reproduced, IMO, yours is good one.

Comment

Its a 100 % fake eagle..........
              jim toncar

Comment

thanks for the feedback, fake based upon what data ? I would appreciate that information, you can pm me private if you like.. Best regards David

Comment

....I would also be interested to hear why this eagle is a fake but with some concrete evidence.

Comment

Check the GDC Forum, this exact eagle has been discussed in great detail on numerous posts, John pic did a very detailed discussion of it . It will give you all the answers.
                    jim

Comment

Mass halten

Originally posted by Jim Toncar
                      Check the GDC Forum, this exact eagle has been discussed in great detail on numerous posts, John pic did a very detailed discussion of it . It will give you all the answers.
                      jim
                      I note the above as a worthwhile intervention from surely the leading collector of this material in the US. The GDC forum has treated this regalia in excruciating detail and I commend study of same to anyone seriously interested in this theme. If colleague Toncar said to me a badge was fake, I would be inclined to give his word great credence.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Abenheim
                        If colleague Toncar said to me a badge was fake, I would be inclined to give his word great credence.
                        I agree.
                        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

To date no one has come forward with evidence that these even existed during the war like a wartime pic showing one or a known documented vet aquired example from before the 1990s.

I have produced and maintain files showing a number of tunics with this example of eagle and loose examples all coming from the same sources and appearing in numbers at shows with Seider of Wien tags attached.Always in minty condition with little wear or age effects. I cant prove they are fake, but more important since you own it, you cannot prove they are real and when you do I would like the specific info that led to the conclusion so I can run out and buy a tunic with one on it. I did at least three threads on these but because all the tunics were being sold by dealers on a dealer sponsered forum few experts participated. I wont waste anymore time on them you have to learn on your own by doing the research I did and arriving at your own conclusion. At this point any tunic I see with them is at best a filler piece...and if Jim Toncar told me it was original I would believe him due to his experience in SS cloth, but it so happens we share the same opinion and Im happy to know that.

Comment

One thing I forgot to add, during the film "Downfall" a quick close up of an officers eagle is shown in one scene, it is this type of eagle. I am of the opinion they were produced post war for Museum and Film industry. However I am very open ended on this debate and would love to solve the mystery once and for all. If real why didnt any tunic found before the 1990s bare them and so many mint tunics that appeared after that do? If fake why are they done so well and better than most of the pakistan repros and found on otherwise real tunics in some cases ?

Comment

That makes 3 of us... Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X