Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinhard Heydrich cufftitle thoughts?

Hi All,

I bought this about 25 years ago when I first though about collecting and have no clue if it is real or fake... Now that I have some extra income I can start collecting. Please tell me about this item and any info on the unit it belonged too...

Cheers ~ John

detail

Last edited by John Cooper; 10-26-2005, 07:09 PM.

Suppose to be an officers cufftitle for SS-Gebirgsjager Regiment 11 'Reinhard Heydrich', part of 6.SS Gebirgs Divsion Nord.

Not sure it's genuine, you need to post photos of the reverse, what length is it?

Comment

This "RZM style" was also worn by enlisted men as well, before the "BeVo" style was introduced. From what I can see of the front it looks ok, but as was mentioned shots of the back are needed.

These are heavily reproduced, and if you are going to start collecting SS, I would invest in a few good reference books first, and try to handle as many known good items as you can. I know thats been said before, but there really is no better way to develop the eye for the details that can mean the difference between a $2000 original and a $25 copy.
      http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

It appears to be a classic, original Reinhard title for enlisted/NCO ranks. I like everything I see, so far.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
          It appears to be a classic, original Reinhard title for enlisted/NCO ranks. I like everything I see, so far.

Bob Hritz
          Like Bob so do I
          cheers
          Gary

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Here are the answers to the size question and some more pictures. Additionally what is the value range of this item today?

Cheers ~ John

Length = 19 1/4 inch nt including the little folds atthe ends.

Comment

bump - see my last question and answer.

Cheers ~ John

Comment

Value of SS cufftitles is a bit volatile these days, there is definatley a ton of interest, which has driven the prices up but as with most things the rarer ones tend to escalate faster into the stratosphere. The exchange rate of the Euro vs the dollar has also taken more cuffs back to Europe. But there is that old suppply and demand curve, and just because one collector can pay $4-5K for one particular one he needed doesn't mean the next guy will.

Yours while in very nice shape, is one that for whatever reason is still somewhat frequently encountered (especially for being a regimental sized unit) But I would expect to see priced anywhere from $800-1500+ at a show, maybe 1/3 more on certain dealers tables.

I always liked that one, as it was one my first SS cufftitles I was able to aquire., even though mine was pretty chewed from being on a tunic.
                http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Since I am not currently focused on the Waffen SS but the Luftwaffe I may be able to trade or sell it.

Cheers ~ John
                  Last edited by John Cooper; 10-28-2005, 10:30 PM.

Comment

update - I am now considering placing this up for sale thanks for all the info

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X