Cuff title attachement comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuff title attachement comments

Were all cuff titles hand applied or were cuff titles applied with inline stitching from a machine? Was the zigzag stitch the way to apply the cuff title when using a machine? Did the method of attachement differ from officer to enlisted men? Ex. would it be possible for a Germania enlisted man have the cuff title sewn to the tunic using inline stitching from a machine? Would the method also give way to originality issues too? Any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks
    JOHN

No, yes, possibly, no. Example: yes, no. Hope this helps...Tom

Comment

John for the most part it was done both ways.However most of the tunics Ive suspected as being played with had machine stitched cufftitles.If you see a hand stitched one they are very neatly done much of the time,some were done sloppy in the field but for the most part the ones Ive seen were sewn so neatly you had to search for the stitching.

Comment

JohnPic is correct. Most original tunics have hand sewn cuff titles which were applied with great care. Some tunics, most likely of junior officers or enlisted/NCO, have machine sewn cuff title.

Senior officer tunics will usually have hand sewn cuff titles. The tailors felt machine sewing was for the common masses and hand tailoring was for custom work of the 'higher class' customers.

I have never seen the zig-zag stitch used for application of a cuff title.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I agree with Bob and JohnPic. Most cufftitles are hand sewn. However, I have seen a very original machine-sewn flatwire "Deutschland" cufftitle on an officer tunic, and a zig-zag (very narrow, almost straight-stich) sewn BeVo cufftitle on a black wrap. These are just my observations, though...Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X