Attached Files

Comment

strap stamp
                Attached Files

Comment

strap stamp w/ TK
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok guys heres something I dont have much experience with.100% matching 1938 SS canteen.Sorry for bad pics but this is all I have to go on! What do you think? Is the VT or allg SS? What is a "fair" price on this item.I have 2 TK stamped K98 mausers but the skull on this is totally different! PLease help!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Labeflasche

The Hayes book has what I would consider the kind of bench mark on such an item, and I believe that the dagger wizard, Herr Wittmann recently sold this very same Labeflasche and Brotbeutel in the early black Montur for a small fortune. This TK stamp here looks pretty dorky to me. SS canteens are RZM/SS marked in a pretty substantial way; I imagine they could also be VA/SS marked especially for an item from 1938. The "MN" nomenclature can be deciphered via the CR Davis book under the heading of M6 or, earlier than 1935/6 as "FA", i.e. Feldausruestung. Die Fa. Ritter/Esslingen should have been in 1938: M6/2 as near as I can tell. I suppose someone should construct a library of images of dubious stamps for the enlightenment of seeking minds. sapere aude!

Comment

I don't like this thing either.

It's currently for sale on eBay, and if you look at some of the photos there you can see the 'Manion's' copyright stamp, so it obviously passed through their hands at some time as well.

It wouldn't be for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Abenheim
                          This TK stamp here looks pretty dorky to me. SS canteens are RZM/SS marked in a pretty substantial way; they could also be VA/SS marked especially for an item from 1938.
                          I have never encountered canteens marked VA/SS, only SS/RZM. I guess that scull is a faker's fantasy and recommend You to save money.

Comment

Hi,
                            It's a good prewar canteen with fake ss markings.

Regards
                            Werner

Comment

Originally posted by pimpf
                              I have never encountered canteens marked VA/SS, only SS/RZM. I guess that scull is a faker's fantasy and recommend You to save money.
                              Dear Colleague, in your o rothers battlefield archaeology and collecting in Russia, do you encounter much RZM/SS marked equipment from whatever source? By the end of the '30s, the VA began its own marking regime, but the statement with the Labeflasche was a wild a$$ guess, actually. I have seen VA marked catridge pouches, belts, Troddeln, &c. However, I am out of my depth with this aspect, as I concentrate on black caps and black tunics for garrison service, really.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X