Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting uniform breast badge....

Hi,
    We were going through my grandfathers stuff in the basement and came across something pretty neat that I can't find anywhere.
    I know he was in the german army during WWII but, as we were going through a chest, we found pics and a breast badge the is SS (supposedly).
    It is the size of a silver dollar, looks like a coppery metal on the back but on the front, across the top of the badge in German it says "We are more then we seem". The SS runes are in black surrounded by a white circle and the outer 1/4 edge of the face is a deep red.
    On the back, the badge has a old screw on backing and is inscribed Wolfschantze.
    Anyone have any ideas? I know what Wolfschanze was but I was curious on how much something like that would be worth...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they didn't use too many screwbacks in WWII. Also the motto is more NPEA than SS. Sounds like 1990s-polish made fantasy piece to me. If you want to be sure bring it up to my Military shop in West Allis on Saturday. 9106 W. Greenfeild Ave.
    http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

I agree--from the description, it's an eastern European fantasy piece. I've seen dealers asking $5.00 to $10.00, but I don't know what they really sell for--as far as historical value, it would be zero. Sorry for the bad news!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X