Fake SS M43 jacket - opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake SS M43 jacket - opinions please!

I am being offered this tunic, and read the previous thread about a similiar jacket with a blue liner like this one. Opinions seemed to point towards a reproduction tunic out of the Baltics.

The use of two types of liner material doesn't bother me, as I've seen other original late war examples with different liner types. The herringbone that is used under the pockets and some spots of the liner looks like the right weave and color, but the blueish shade of the liner throws me.

Has anyone ever seen this shade of material (blue) on ANY wartime W-SS uniform item?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RobertE; 10-04-2005, 04:35 PM.

View2
    Attached Files

Comment

View3
      Attached Files

Comment

View 4
        Attached Files

Comment

View5
          Attached Files

Comment

View6 - what do you folks think? I especially want to hear from anyone who has seen liners in colors other than the standard green or off-brown, in any SS uniform item. Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't like it, it looks like a Lativia repro, they're notorious for selling fakes as originals, especially SS tunics, and most uniforms with blue liners are from there.

Comment

Thanks for the weigh-in. Yes, I've been watching the floodgates from the Baltics myself - I haven't seen any with these blue (and bits of green) liners though. Has anybody actually purchased one of these from Latvia?
                Originally posted by fjcollector
                I don't like it, it looks like a Lativia repro, they're notorious for selling fakes as originals, especially SS tunics, and most uniforms with blue liners are from there.

Comment

yes, I have been fooled into buying an "original" SS M44 uniform from Lativia, it too had the blue liner, I lost $700, but it was a good learning expirience and came out all the more smarter. But anyways, yes I would stay away from this one.
                  Regards,
                  Paul

Comment

Paul,
                    Thanks for passing on your experience. I'd love to see an interior shot of your M44, and it may help other forum members who are running into this problem. It turns out the blue-lined M43 in the previous post is the same one as being offered to me, which was posted by an Estonian collector for an Italien collector, who is the actual owner.
                    s/f Robert
                    Originally posted by fjcollector
                    yes, I have been fooled into buying an "original" SS M44 uniform from Lativia, it too had the blue liner, I lost $700, but it was a good learning expirience and came out all the more smarter. But anyways, yes I would stay away from this one.
                    Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

This jacket is now on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-ELITE-T...QQcmdZViewItem

regards,
                      Gerd

Comment

hey Robert,
                        I'm sorry, but I no longer have it, I sold it to a reenacter a little while ago.
                        Regards,
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE
                          I am being offered this tunic, and read the previous thread about a similiar jacket with a blue liner like this one. Opinions seemed to point towards a reproduction tunic out of the Baltics.

The use of two types of liner material doesn't bother me, as I've seen other original late war examples with different liner types. The herringbone that is used under the pockets and some spots of the liner looks like the right weave and color, but the blueish shade of the liner throws me.

Has anyone ever seen this shade of material (blue) on ANY wartime W-SS uniform item?
                          I believe your suspicions to be correct, reproduction.

Comment

I am confused, how is offered to you Robert and then winds up on eBay? Was this offered by a member here that lives in Italy?
                            Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

It is up for sale again. The link above shows this was removed from the auction.
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-ELITE-T...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X