skull badge and item Germany ww2 /ww1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skull badge and item Germany ww2 /ww1 ?

Who is able to identify these items ? I think Germany ww2 (earlySS?) ww1? Karl

They are certainly not what they are advertised as - i.e. not Leibhusar.

The TK has too many bones!

Probably some sort of fraternal or entertainment (SwJ) items.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
      They are certainly not what they are advertised as - i.e. not Leibhusar.

The TK has too many bones!

Probably some sort of fraternal or entertainment (SwJ) items.
      Hallo Robin,

but the the form of the right badge looks like a Husar bag, the badge color is black and with a skull (like uniforms of the Leibhusaren Regiment Danzig) and with a Garde star (Leibhusaren-Garde-Regiment). I think it's a Husaren memory badge after ww1 (1918-1930)......!? Karl

Comment

No other comments ? Karl

Comment

Most likely free mason insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Collector
            Most likely free mason insignia.
            OK. That's another possibility...... Karl

Comment

Can't comment on the item on the right but the item on the left is a German Student Fraternity ‘dangle’. It’s not unusual for these Fraternities to use a skull in their insignia so the possibility is that both are from the same Fraternity (if they both came from the same ‘source’).

Here are pics of several from my collection……

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texasuberalles
                Can't comment on the item on the right but the item on the left is a German Student Fraternity ‘dangle’. It’s not unusual for these Fraternities to use a skull in their insignia so the possibility is that both are from the same Fraternity (if they both came from the same ‘source’).

Here are pics of several from my collection……

Thank you for posting. I got the information the left item is fob/dangle for a pocket watch chain. Such items used different people, organisations and German Student Fraternities too. Karl

Comment

Skull badge ! New pictures + informations !

Today some better pictures of the right badge. The item is backside marked Ges. Gesch. (= Gesetzlich Geschützt). Under the skull is the Garde Stern Preußen (Garde Star Prussian). I spoke to other collectors and they told me it’s a military Freikorps badge from Germany after ww1 ! Karl<O></O>

Comment

Garde Stern Preußen

Comment

Today I saw some other Freikorps badges. Now I'm sure the badge is such an item too. Enclosed another example of a Freikorps badge (Freikorps of Neufville-Cross of the black Garde). Typical agian the black color and the Prussian Garde Star. Is ther somebody who can post some other Freikorps badges from Germany with skulls or a Garde Star? Thanks! Karl

Comment

Have you tried asking in the imperial forum?

cheers
                        Gary

Comment

Karl.

The TK and Garde Stern were often used in conjunction by the Prussian Leibhusaren Rgt. 1 & 2.

However, that style skull is not a Prussian one, and the extra set of bones is very odd.

It is not Freikorps. The sabretasche shape does suggest the Leibhusaren, but it is not official.

My best guess is that this is some sort of vet badge (there were many varieties of these produced in the 1920s and 1930s - and beyond), or even a 'day badge' for a one-day cavalry event.

The other item (the bierzipfel) is a student society item,or masonic. The skull and bones were used by many societies and groups - even circus acts (the SwJ). If you do a google search on 'Sicher wie Jold' you'll see some of them.

Comment

Robin.

Some secrets will remain secrets...but I like the the veteran theory... Karl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X