M43 tunic with dark green collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 tunic with dark green collar

I have seen a tunic from an old collector, now I belive it is for sale.
    The tunic is an M43 , with 3 holes (not 2) for belt (a little far each other), with a dark green collar.This type of tunic existed for dress use.
    The conditions are very good, the wool has some use, but I belive never used.
    Absolutely no shadow of army breast eagle.
    The collar is really a little too soft for me for to be 60 years old, but the dark green wool color is correct,maybe. I do not know ss collar tabs, but I do not like them, for me are repro.
    The eagle looks nice, machine applied.No ss marking inside, only BR number(strange, are not present the size numbers).
    Now, I'd like to know:
    1) This is an army tunic remade SS (fake insigna)
    2) This is an original SS tunic ,with wartime applied eagle, and with fake collar tabs?
    Any opinion it 'd be interesting.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Photo 2

Photo 2

Comment

photo 3

photo 3

Comment

a

a

Comment

b

b

Comment

c

c
            Attached Files

Comment

Without close up photos of the insignia I cannot tell authenticity of that; however, let me say this: The Waffen-SS never did have 'dress tunics' and the SS-BW made their own clothing, principally the camouflaged stuff and the M43 tunics and trousers. I would stay away from this. I see the top pocket flaps are sticking out a bit, which to me could be an indicator that this tunic hasn't been together all of those years. I've noticed on reproduction tunics that the parts are still struggling against each other rather than binding and seating to form a nice old tunic. And then a tunic like this being made for dress purposes and then never worn bothers me too... I'd pass on it (my humble opinion).

Bob

Sorry: I guess you weren't finished providing and posting pictures but I would still stay away from this one... I especially don't like the 3 belt hook holes being so far apart. And if these were made for dress (like the story goes), why would they bother to put belt hook holes in it to start with - they're not going to be carrying a heavy belt!
              Last edited by Bobwirtz; 09-22-2005, 08:33 AM. Reason: Not all pix were in...

Comment

d

d
                Attached Files

Comment

e

e

Comment

f

f

Comment

g

g

Comment

h

h
                        Attached Files

Comment

You've put up this insignia recently and I said the collar tabs were definitely BAD... I wasn't sure about the eagle because I've seen this style before.

Anybody: Is that a valid RBNumber? I thought the last 2 digits were the year? This doesn't look like a properly formatted number to me.

Comment

The tunic is bad in my opinion, I would pass on it.

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Wierd. Amaturish pockets and belt ramp holes. I certainly wouldn't recommend buying it.

I notice the materials are much better quality than the worksmanship, so just out of curiosity I wonder if it might have been constructed from a WH overcoat?

Ray

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X