URGEND ID request on "Ostfriesland" cuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGEND ID request on "Ostfriesland" cuff

Hello all, I’m in a pickle here...... What do you guys think of this ?????<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Detlef Niemann wrote a certificate of authenticity for it…. I’ve never seen or heard of this band and there are 5/6 wires instead of the 7 "requested"….All opinions highly appreciated.<o></o>

Thanks,<o></o>

Marc

Ostfriesland
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marc,

Here is the information I have about it....

It's an SS Totenkopfverbände cufftitle for:
          1. SS-Wachtruppe "Ost-Friesland" camp Esterwegen, March 1935
          2. SS-Wachtsturmbann IV "Ost-Friesland" camp Esterwegen April 1936
          3. All ranks in the IV SS-Totenkopf Wachtverbande and Staff of camp Sachsenhausen.

I got this information from an older book on SS cloth by Adjt O.R. VAN HERCK, written in 1987, in Dutch. I've already seen some errors in this old book... Maybe others can say if the above information is correct.

Kind regards,
          Gerd V

Comment

Marc,
            There are a few collectors who believe in the 5/6 strand boarders as being authentic. I for one do not believe in them. The stiching in the letters is fine but from what I can see from the band material and the 5/6 boarders..I would pass.

Greg

Comment

I must say that I am amazed by the numerous and enthusiastic reactions on this post…….

Where are all the “experts” in SS cloth and Cuff’s?

When the topic goes over common items that everyone knows and has been disused over

and over, then there are plenty of answers and opinions but when a real problem shows up… nobody home.

Had to go to the concurrence (GD) http://daggers.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/7480909271/m/1470078473

to get a little more attention!

Disappointedly yours,

Marc

Comment

marc

what is that around the lettering on the back? glue? is it around all the lettering?
                cheers
                gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X