Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree, from the pictures i would pass of this one.

Comment

posting for Tony...
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,

My exemple dont have the extra black material on the back...

Originally posted by John T
          Lorenz...does your example have the extra black material on the back?

Also, look at the bottom of the "f" on the last two examples they do not have the flat foot as does the first example...I of course realize this could be due to a different maker/production run.

Comment

The style of lettering is different from the norm on the band that started this thread,but it is never the less an original period piece.

If you look in cuffbands by gordon williamson page 200, top photo you will see this style of lettering in use, the photo is captioned as a machine woven example but it is not.

Regarding the mesh on the back, on the whole most titles do not have this but some do!
            cheers
            Gary
            Last edited by Gary Wood; 12-26-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

here is the photo from that book for those of you without it
              Attached Files

Comment

here is an example one with(top) and one without the mesh, normally the lettering is thicker with a mesh backing

cheers
                Gary
                Attached Files

Comment

Now that is some great reference work posted by Gary Woods. I have to admit that I did not believe the first cufftitle was a WW2 era piece. My hat is of to you, good work.
                  jim toncar

Comment

Backing

Here is another example of a textbook RZM cuff title with a cloth backing. This is a salty piece which was stripped right off of the tunic. This one really talks to you. I hope this is a value to the thread. It is always good to further the education of those interested in the hobby.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

thanks for sharing all your wonderful cufftitles and knowledge

Comment

My hat off too you Gary, the cuff title came from a very good source and I would have been amazed if it was not original. thanks for all the input into this thread from everyone.Tony

Comment

Very interesting! I have noticed this before with Nordland as well. Any others observed with this variation beside Reinhard Heydrich?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D.
                                Very interesting! I have noticed this before with Nordland as well. Any others observed with this variation beside Reinhard Heydrich?
                                Here is another Heydrich example that I just got in that has the cloth backing.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X