• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lettering seems a little thick to me,

Dave
    DaveJ

Comment

I too have concerns about the lettering and the backing on this RZM (machine-embroidered) cuffband is not a good sign as already pointed out. I've only seen these on hand-embroidered bullion and aluminum flat wire, but never on an RZM. Right now it's really more of that "gut" feeling... when I get these I'm usually right about something not being authentic, but I need to check my references before a final decision. But based upon what I see right now... I would pass on it. Sometimes you can cut your nose off to spite your face but better that than having your wallet deflate for something that doesn't turn out right.

Bob

Comment

Just my eyes maybe, but at first look of front it seems to be hand embroidered to me.
        Again, just my opinion with only these low quality pics.
        Daniele

Originally posted by John T
        HI Tony:

The edges seem correct but I would like to hear what other members have to say about the extra piece of back cloth on the back of this rzm style band....I know the extra piece is okay for hand embroidered pieces...used either as enforcment or a covering of the embroidery work(such as on flatwire pieces), but I am not sure about it being okay on rzm pieces. I would also like to hear what the others have to say about the lettering.

John

Comment

As everyone else has mentioned, it is impossible to make a judgement as a result of the quality of the photographs. However, the formation of the letters appears to me to represent an attempt to copy the Bevo Totenkopf cuff-title and that rings alarm bells for me. I would want to see better pictures before coming to a firm conclusion, but my instinct is that it isn't good.

Comment

I can get bigger and more detailed photos but could someone resize them to put on the this forum?

thanks

Comment

I believe that there are original RZM EM machine embroidered bands with this backing, Prinz Eugen for example.

The lettering does seem a bit crude and thick on this one, but maybe it is the pictures.

Tony, best bet is to use a scanner, or else tone down the flash. I can post them for you, am pm'ing you with my email.

Regards,

Fred

Comment

The above cufftitle is not something I like, I attach my own standard RZM cufftitle, heavily worn, and there is no reinforcement on the reverse.
                Attached Files
                Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Reverse
                  Attached Files
                  Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

Hi,

This is mine TK Cufftitle in rzm, one big difference with the cuff that Tony posted is the final side of the "P" , what you think about this?

Originally posted by prorege1
                    Reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lorenz
                      Hi,

This is mine TK Cufftitle in rzm, one big difference with the cuff that Tony posted is the final side of the "P" , what you think about this?
                      Lorenz...does your example have the extra black material on the back?

Also, look at the bottom of the "f" on the last two examples they do not have the flat foot as does the first example...I of course realize this could be due to a different maker/production run.

Comment

I have sent better close ups of the front of the ct to a friend who is resizing them and will post them later.

Comment

Here is another example. Notice the consistency of letter form, spacing, etc. of this with the last two examples - and the differences of the last three with the first posted.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Mike D... no doubts about this one... the good stuff just JUMPS out at you can screams REAL!!!

Bob

Comment

This one was a uniform removed direct Vet buy, almost the same as the above.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I dont like the first one posted, imho it is a reproduction, the thread of the lettering appears too 'thick' as previously mentioned, the letters appear sloppy in terms of lacking definition and placement, I question the aluminium wiring edging as well, too shiny.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X