EM panzer shoulder straps, SS or Army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM panzer shoulder straps, SS or Army?

I was wondering if these straps are SS or Army or were they interchangable? The pictures are kind of cut in half but they do have some overlap, I wanted to show as much detail as I could.
    Thanks, Alan
    Attached Files

bottom half
    Attached Files

Comment

inside

Comment

bottom
        Attached Files

Comment

I believe these would be SS because the tongue on one side is black... I stand to be corrected. You didn't ask if they were authentic, so I'm guessing you know that they aren't...

Bob

Comment

I didn't feel the need to ask if they were authentic because I asked John Angolia that 19 years ago and he said they were good. When I was a whole lot younger and didn't know anything I sent all the ss cloth I had at the time to him and these were in the good stack. I did have plenty of things that turned out bad and I took them back to where I got them.

Alan

Comment

SS or Army?

Alan,
              Without getting into issues of authenticity, the conventional wisdom would have it that these are SS straps. Two main reasons: narrow tongues and field-gray bottoms. It is more common to see army-style straps on SS wraps than it is the other way around (supply and demand).
              Regards,
              Bob Edwards

Comment

I agree with bob. If you are happy with them then enjoy!

Comment

All right then, since you all don't like them can you please tell me what is so obviously wrong with them? These are the only enlisted straps I have and got these 20 years ago, I am into badges now and LW in particular, so I am no expert in this area.

Thanks, Alan

Comment

The pink piping, made from cloth folded over a cord is the type you might find on a pair of civilian woman's pajamas. It is not the fine wool, or the rayon cord of original boards. I think this is likely a case of "Angolia strikes again". That being said, I once had a pair similar to these, which came on an M-36 tunic, of very good provenance. I sold the boards as copies, but wondered a bit.

Ray

Comment

Also the button holes are incorrect, especially the zig-zag stitching, the stitching on the back of the strap itself, some of the materials do not look correct - not the ones they used during the period. The pink piping is the wrong material as mentioned above.

Bob

Comment

Shame, shame, that Angolia fellow "sanctioned" these as original! I can't imagine he didn't know better.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X