Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 904 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/permissioncontext.php on line 904 Photo of Concentration Camp guard - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo of Concentration Camp guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matthew S.
    Excellent photo. Exactly what kind of collar tab is that? I have never seen one before.
    Maybee this thread will interest you:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...6&highlight=TV

Olivier

Comment

Excellent details of the cap. Sure looks like the kind to "follow any order" out methodically. Wonder if he stuck around the 'camp' long enough at the end to get "inmate" justice , or lined up along a wall and shot ?.

Comment

. Robert, thanks for taking the time to enlarge the collar tab, just first rate work, your picture postings are very clear.
        jim toncar

Comment

Fantastic Robert!!

Comment

Robert,

Thanks for sharing the photo, I have also never seen a machine made example of this type of patch and believed they only existed in hand embroidery until your photo.

Again thanks for sharing
            cheers
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Abenheim
              Might I cordially suggest that this name is perhaps Bergmeier....or Bergmein (maybe....now that I look a second time...) L and B look similar in Sutterlin/deutsche Schrift. If this name is correct, then the Bundesarchiv/Berlin Document Center of even possibly the Ludwigsburg Forschungstelle in Stuttgart could identify him more.
              How does one go about researching an SS name thru these sources? Thanks.

Comment

Might I cordially suggest that this name is perhaps Bergmeier....or Bergmein (maybe....now that I look a second time...) L and B look similar in Sutterlin/deutsche Schrift. If this name is correct, then the Bundesarchiv/Berlin Document Center of even possibly the Ludwigsburg Forschungstelle in Stuttgart could identify him more.
                Hello all:

1st of all outstanding picture!!!!!!! Robert: Please put some type of copy protection on this rare shot.....I can see it turning up as an original image from the Ukraine or Poland! My wife is excellent at deciphering this script...shes from Berlin & studied it in school.....she claims the name is Bringmeier

Regards Richard

Comment

Oli4vercammen, thanks for the post. That solves that.

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard
                    Hello all:

1st of all outstanding picture!!!!!!! Robert: Please put some type of copy protection on this rare shot.....I can see it turning up as an original image from the Ukraine or Poland! My wife is excellent at deciphering this script...shes from Berlin & studied it in school.....she claims the name is Bringmeier

Regards Richard

I respectfully have to disagree. The first part of the name is very clearly "Berg".

Steve
                    ~ The true test of a democracy is how well it protects the rights of its least popular citizens. ~

~ Never cross swords with an unworthy opponent. ~

Comment

Where is Daryl Pajot?

Dear seekers of Sutterlin truth: Darryl Pajot (the winged Canadian master of the black helmets) has a nifty Sutterlin program that reproduces the script nicely. Maybe can help us. As to the matter of research in German personnel files, perhaps we can arrange a tutorial here in some of the basic and advanced points of same if someone will facilitate the posting of such documents. I do not claim to master all of the details, but I have worked in archives on German material in this country and abroad since 1977. Sapere aude.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Sherlock
                        [/i]

I respectfully have to disagree. The first part of the name is very clearly "Berg".

Steve

ok just consulted the "master" lol....shes stating that it could also be "berg" shes also pointing out the breaks in the letters at the end...about how the "e" is seperated from the rest....she also states theres a spot on the photo thats not script but a stain...I have an excellent graphics card whereas the one she used to view the name (via IM) on her computer is not as sharp...she states that it looked like the "dotting" on an "i"........great no nookie for Rich tonight....

Comment

Dear seekers of Sutterlin truth: Darryl Pajot (the winged Canadian master of the black helmets) has a nifty Sutterlin program that reproduces the script nicely. Maybe can help us. As to the matter of research in German personnel files, perhaps we can arrange a tutorial here in some of the basic and advanced points of same if someone will facilitate the posting of such documents. I do not claim to master all of the details, but I have worked in archives on German material in this country and abroad since 1977. Sapere aude.
                          Don:

Great info THANKS! Is the program something you can get as a trial on the net or is it a custom purchase program....could really use this one!!!!!!

Comment

very nice photo!!!

he looks like he just put in a 16 hour day!!! way to much over time for this guy!

greg

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard
                              Don:

Great info THANKS! Is the program something you can get as a trial on the net or is it a custom purchase program....could really use this one!!!!!!
                              Dear Colleague, Darryl Pajot found it somewhere; let us hope he hears or sees our call. I learned all of this the hard way, actually. If you have something of note, post it here and we can try to decipher it. Sapere aude!

Comment

Dear Colleague, Darryl Pajot found it somewhere; let us hope he hears or sees our call. I learned all of this the hard way, actually. If you have something of note, post it here and we can try to decipher it. Sapere aude!
                                I understand Darryl left the forum because of irreconcilable differences. Hope it's only a brief hiatus. He is definately one of the good guys!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X