Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dot camo Panzerjacke

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I cannot provide any pictures so I do not expect a definitive reply.

I recently viewed a dot camo Panzerjacke in a friend's collection. It was faded and the material had gone very floppy.

There was the machine stitching present on the sleeve from the removal of an eagle - easily faked.

I looked at the back particularly because both sides were sewn the same way up. I have no experience of this type of jacket having only collected the M44 infantry tunic in which the norm would be one side up, the other side down. Being faded as it was I didn't recognise any of the usual patterns found in Erbsentarn fabric.

Having later perused my copy of "Camouflaged Uniforms of the Waffen SS" by Michael D Beaver and J F Borsarello, I see on pages 178 and 179 two jackets displayed and the point made that these were notably without a seam on the back panel and no buttons on the cuffs.

I cannot remember whether or not there were buttoned cuffs on the jacket in question.

The crux of the matter ("at last"!) is - is it an unbroken rule that the back of these is one piece?

I apologise for the preamble, but "a picture does indeed paint a thousand words"!

Regards,

Grossfuss

Should I just keep it simple?

Is it a hard and fast rule that dot camo Panzer jackets only ever have a one piece back to them?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X