Collar tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar tab

Guys, cn ai get some opinion about this collar tab; real or fake ?
    Attached Files

Original with an embroidery malfunction
    Attached Files
    Last edited by istra63; 09-01-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I might be wrong, but it looks like the "Theresienstadt" tab to me, perhaps with a few missed stitches.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
        I might be wrong, but it looks like the "Theresienstadt" tab to me, perhaps with a few missed stitches.

Alen Davidson
        may you tell us what theresienstad tab is? new for me

Comment

• Theresienstadt was the Jewish ghetto in the Protectorate of Bohemia & Moravia. I assume the reference relates to a production facility at that location.

Comment

Alen Davidson
            I have never in all my years of collecting heard of this . . . This is what worries me, it where it all starts to crumble ?
            Yes, let's hear WHAT IS THE THEREIENSTADT tab as opposed to a Dachau tab with malfunctions?
            Regards David

Comment

Alen Davidson
              I don't think we are going to get that answer . . . .
              The member was online yesterday, but avoided this post like the plague ?
              Regards David

Comment

Hello everyone maybe this is a normal machine program failure what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Vladislav View Post
                  Hello everyone maybe this is a normal machine program failure what do you think?
                  Of course that it could be but we are all waiting for this cock and bull statement of it being ~

Alen Davidson

have you ever heard of this before ?
                  Regards David

Comment

David, from the congenial way in which you took issue with my post, you seem to be looking for an argument, and I just won’t play your game. Sorry.

Did I not say I might be wrong? And I was. I said Theresienstadt and I meant Buchenwald. My bad.

Some Totenkopf tabs were produced with what I would call a rather “coarse” embroidery and have minor gaps between plates of the skull. The thread is usually rather shiny, especially in mint condition. I believe they were produced mid to late war. Based on my information, most if not all of these tabs came from Buchenwald, not Dachau, and the assumption is that they were made there. In addition to the location error, I assumed the term was in more common use than it apparently is. Again, my bad.

I guess what I really meant to convey is that this tab is probably not a Dachau tab. At least not in my opinion.

Alen Davidson

Comment

David, from the congenial way in which you took issue with my post, you seem to be looking for an argument, and I just won’t play your game. Sorry.
                      That's not my nature . . . You should know that.
                      But you can't just come on here and state what you feel is obvious, to you. I along with a few others have never heard of this.
                      It's like dropping a grenade to the floor and casually walking off, waiting for it to explode ?
                      One post which I agree with ~ is this could have been a fault in the machine at the time.
                      Let me ask you this . . . is this knowledge true with a lot of other collectors and where is the proof of this?
                      Regards David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X