SS Wiking Collar Tab for Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Wiking Collar Tab for Review

Any input is greatly appreciated thank you. 118558210_3332138016808822_1680937400561908973_n.jpg 118625675_1665429203606648_5668515393981399843_n.jpg

The stitching don't look like the accepted originals, I would be careful with this one but will wait and see what others say.

Comment

I've compared this one to many others. . . For me, it has good detail.
      one thing I have noticed that the fakes all have a very similar head, this is different.
      It appears to be on a type of doeskin backing, is that correct?
      I'm not overly happy with the buckram, but after saying that I feel this is in with a good chance.
      I have searched but I can't find a shot of an original . . . I am also certain they weren't issued
      Regards David

I have looked for more images for this tab. . . I believe it to be a real wiking tab
      Now let me point this out. . . I made these investigations just using google maybe next time you could try too ?
      Last edited by Stossgruppe3; 08-28-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...e5#post7144646

Comment

I don't believe it is real and the entire outside of the ship has black stitching around it and around the shields. you dont see that on originals.
          Here is one i used to own for comparison.
          Cheers
          Dave.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
            I don't believe it is real and the entire outside of the ship has black stitching around it and around the shields. you dont see that on originals.
            Here is one i used to own for comparison.
            Cheers
            Dave.
            Dave . . .

One of the tabs I used was the one you showed. . . I compared it with.
            For me your tab has black edging even around the shields too
            I also compared it to another which belongs to a well known name his too had black stitching.
            Regards David

Comment

I have messed with the image a little to enhance it.
              This shows you the stitching around the emblem as I believe they all have.
              Regards David 2a217d7d03ab37c2735324957203fca4.heic

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                I have messed with the image a little to enhance it.
                This shows you the stitching around the emblem as I believe they all have.
                Regards David
                I fiddled around with the collar tab as well, editing contrast, levels and... stuff and there are no signs of black outline thread on the tab supplied by D Davies
                Attached Files

Comment

9EDAE31E-883F-471E-9AD5-FD3F56FA5AEF.jpeg What about this one you can clearly see the black thread

Comment

Maybe I have to correct myself here. When I enlarge the pic supplied by D Davies, I might see thread around the shields and the "neck" of the dragon but nto around the ship.
                    But there should be someone here on WAF who has a confirmed original and can see in-hand of there is black thread or not.

wiking2.jpg

Comment

I is one of my biggest regrets that i no longer own the tab. the black areas on my tab around the shields and neck are just gaps on the embroidery not black cotton.
                      Hopfully someone who has one can post some real close up's.
                      Cheers
                      Dave.

Comment

Take a look on this
                        https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...are-wiking-tab

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
                          You can clearly see the black thread around shields and ship
                          Yes! I too see the thread now and also assume that the collar patches (CP) that you uploaded are from verified originals but I have no reason to think otherwise.

But then we are back at the CP that started the thread that is different in design of the ship when one look at the details. Also, on the CPs that you uploaded it don't seem like the black thread is surrounding the ship entirely as it does on the initial CP.
                          Details, details but when it comes to these high-end items it is in the small details.

Comment

They all original
                            just take look On pictures I marked on red they are not exactly identical but they are original

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying protect this tab I just want to make sure that another ss item will not get destroyed because of (I don’t like it because I don’t like it)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X