X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallonie Versus France

What would be your opinion on which one is easier to find? IMO, Wallonia
    Attached Files

Nice..... I would say France is much harder to find.

Rene Chavez
    www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

I agree.
      Wallonie shield is a quite difficult to find one, but the France is something that you simply don't see.

Comment

Very nice love the France shield as already said harder to find than the wallonian which its self is also not a easy one to find.
        cheers
        Dave

Comment

A comment about how scarce the France shield is:
          A few weeks ago I had the chance to buy a nice Gotz von Berlichingen cufftitle from a collector who has a nice and advanced insignia collection. He also has some nice SS cloth items.
          He also was kind enough to show me some of his collection, and there were a few rare birds like the Wallonie, Freies Indien, Freies Arabien shields.. Some rare SS cufftitles and different variations of SS eagles and a couple of published Dot44 items.
          When I asked him about the France shield he told me that in his entire life as a collector he recalled seeing only one for sale, which was actually at auction. I don't know the figure it reached,but not an affordable one for sure.
          ​​​​

Comment

Some came out from France ... i had 2 for sale myself . But not so easy , nevertheless !
            One was glued in a pictures album from a german Trainer of the early LVF , with the mythic tricolour helmet decal glued also .
            Nick

Comment

During the intruction.
              Attached Files

Comment

France is harder to find.
                Pierre, I need a second one... So?

Comment

Originally posted by jmb View Post
                  France is harder to find.
                  Pierre, I need a second one... So?
                  Be happy with only one

Comment

In Russia
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi I believe that the pictures are showing Wallonie soldiers at least pic no. 7 both soldiers have what looks like mountain troop insignia.

Rene Chavez

Comment

Both are rare birds, lucky for me I have both! The most difficult for me to find was the France shield

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Chavez View Post
                          Hi I believe that the pictures are showing Wallonie soldiers at least pic no. 7 both soldiers have what looks like mountain troop insignia.

Rene Chavez
                          The Walloon Legion was attached for a certain period in 1942 to a mountain troop unit. There are many pictures where they wear the edelweiss on the right sleeve of their uniform, as well as on their mountain caps (skymütze).

Comment

This pictures show clearly Wallonie soldiers

By the way, it should have been extremely uncomfortable going into combat wearing those (nice &appealing) visor Caps and tunics

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                              Some came out from France ... i had 2 for sale myself . But not so easy , nevertheless !
                              One was glued in a pictures album from a german Trainer of the early LVF , with the mythic tricolour helmet decal glued also .
                              Nick
                              This one ?

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X