SS Allgemiene stripped tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Allgemiene stripped tunic

May I please get opinions on this stripped black tunic if at all possible from these pics provided. Tha ss tunic 3.jpg ss black tunic.jpg ss tunic 5.jpg ss tunic 7.jpg ss tunic 6.jpg ss tunic 8.png ss tunic 9.png ss tunic 10.png ss tunic 11.png ss tunic 12.png nks very much.

If I was handed a blackie . . . I would have to scrutinize it,
    This appears to be a very new item.
    I don't like the buttonhole cant see traces of insignia.
    Not overly keen
    Regards David

Comment

I am not a fan either.

Comment

Thanks guy's. Although hard to see, there is actually the impression of a cuff title and the old style "V" full triangle patch on the right arm. I lost that last pic somewhere on the computer but will try to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by HowardC View Post
          May I please get opinions on this stripped black tunic if at all possible from these pics provided.
          Sorry Howard, it's just not possible from those to really confirm anything except it's not a dyed GBS tunic which was our staple diet as a young collector in the 70's.

Ian

Comment

Understood Ian, I appreciate that. I'm going to try to get clear pics. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Sorry Howard, it's just not possible from those to really confirm anything except it's not a dyed GBS tunic which was our staple diet as a young collector in the 70's.

Ian
              1+ Impossible to say anything based on these Pictures. I would not turn it down that quickly...
              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

I'm also interested if someone has a "blackie" out there with the same collar cut? The lapels are different on alot of jackets I realize but most of what I've had have been tailored similarly. This one is cut more like some SS summer tunic lapels I've seen.

Comment

Maybe just me but the collar looks odd and it looks very long between the lower pocket flap and the bottom hem of the tunic. Perhaps it's just because it's not on a mannequin ... maybe it's just weird.

Ian

Comment

That's much better shoots . . .
                    Sadly I'm still not keen, the collar patches seem to be a bit too long
                    I don't like the buttonholes no quality
                    Any marking to be found?
                    Regards David

Comment

Not the perfect Collar, but still not one i would put to trash. That is one of the Tunics i would love to have in my Hands. If it is not too expensive and you have some Money to risk....go go for it.....50/50 Chance, i would take a shot with it.
                      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

David, no markings at all. Yes that collar does bother me as I can't find any examples that match, only post war lapel cut's. If anyone has a pic or other example of one I would really appreciate seeing it.

Comment

You are spinning your wheels on this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X