SS recruitment brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS recruitment brochure

Hi guys can someone tell me more about this, and approx value...trying to work a deal and the guy wants an offer.
    Attached Files

good one as for realistic value 200$ +- dealers ask 300 +

Comment

Hi,

main generic recruitment booklet for the German volunteers in the Waffen-SS, "The SS is calling you !".

Published in 1942, variations exist.
      In my opinion, printed to hundred of thousand copies (i'm serious) if i compare with the availability of less "sexy" SS books published to "only" 150,000 copies.
      Basically you get some cool pictures and illustrations, some historical texts, but most of the 100-page booklet is giving info on training courses for volunteers (you can become a platoon leader, a driver, a radio man, etc).

Condition is (only) good, the small tear on the front can be fixed, but i'm not sure the back cover is in good condition.
      To the contrary to what dealers and noobs say, this booklet is not rare. A compulsive buyer could get dozen per year online...
      Depending on the condition, you can get it from 120 to 200 euros. I got dozen in hands until i got the ones in best condition (i currently owns 6).

I can't comment on the medals on the side, but due to the condition i will say that a 130 usd offer shipped with tracking to you (if the guy is from the US) will be a good deal for you.
      If the guy is a noob and use Google to get a quote, you can tell him that he will always find idiots ready to sell this kind of SS booklets for ridiculous prices, not counting the fact that noob SS collectors are legion on the net, ready to pay a lot of $$$ to have a "cool SS period book".

If the guy ask more than 200 usd, you can laugh at him and end the conversation.
      At worse you can counter offer him 150 usd.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X