Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this SS eagle original?

Hello forum

I bought this small lot of insignia for $100. I dont know if the SS eagle is any good. It does have some glue residue to the back from supposedly being glued in an album. thanks for the help. Robert

Attached Files

Comment

Rare and Original

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for your help. I will leave the glue residue alone to the back. Robert

Comment

Thats a nice original and quite rare!

Comment

Yes, definitely leave ‘as is’. Don’t take any glue off the back. It doesn’t detract from the piece and you just risk ruining it.
            When you go home
            Tell them for us and say
            For your tomorrow
            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

I might be wrong, but I suspect the "glue" is a coating applied during the manufacturing process. If so, it definitely should be left alone!

Alen Davidson

Comment

thanks guys for the help.

A forum member sent me a link to an identical eagle.. and it had the same residue. I will leave it as is of course.

there was an Italian made Nazi flag in the lot... but.. he wanted too much ($400)... and I passed. But, the insignia was cheap ($100 for the lot). Could it be an Italian made eagle? just curious. Thanks again Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
                  I might be wrong, but I suspect the "glue" is a coating applied during the manufacturing process. If so, it definitely should be left alone!

Alen Davidson
                  WOW what a find...or perhaps from an album.

Comment

Originally posted by helmetbuyers View Post
                    thanks guys for the help.

A forum member sent me a link to an identical eagle.. and it had the same residue. I will leave it as is of course.

there was an Italian made Nazi flag in the lot... but.. he wanted too much ($400)... and I passed. But, the insignia was cheap ($100 for the lot). Could it be an Italian made eagle? just curious. Thanks again Robert
                    no its german made eagle from mid/late war period and if i good remember the one found most of the time on dot camo jump smocks ,nice find

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
                      its German-made eagle from mid/late war period and if i good remember the one found most of the time on dot camo jump smocks ,nice find
                      Indeed, very nice. Referred to as the 'Double Wreath' eagle by some collectors and as said above frequently found on the unissued SS-FJ Dot pattern jump smock .. but not exclusively.

Ian.

Comment

Someone has a period photo with this type of eagle?? ( on a normal tunic)

Grss

Comment

I think you got your self a bargain there my friend .

Comment

So no period pics with this eagle in wear???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X