Tropen/Camo eagle and Handschar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropen/Camo eagle and Handschar

I've received these two unissued uniform patches and would like to know as much as possible about them. First and foremost, of course, originality. Also curious about place of manufacture, etc. SS is new to me, so every little bit helps. Thank you in advance, gents!
    20200810-163818.jpg
    20200810-163826.jpg
    20200810-163841.jpg
    20200810-163848.jpg

Both good originals

Comment

Originally posted by Spielhahnjaeger View Post
      I've received these two unissued uniform patches and would like to know as much as possible about them. First and foremost, of course, originality. Also curious about place of manufacture, etc. SS is new to me, so every little bit helps. Thank you in advance, gents!
      20200810-163818.jpg
      20200810-163826.jpg
      20200810-163841.jpg
      20200810-163848.jpg
      place of manufacture is German Thrid Reich ,most of them was found at Dachau storage pleace ,but not made there .

Comment

both good, tropical eagle was intended for the "sahariana' tunic but also found on dot tunics

Comment

I agree, both originals! Nice with tropical eagle with a RZM tag!

They were not found on erbsentarn camo jackets. They had standard grey eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

They were not found on erbsentarn camo jackets. They had standard grey eagles.
            sure the are found on dot tunics, the early ones printed on olana cloth with tropical tan JSL marked glass buttons

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

sure the are found on dot tunics, the early ones printed on olana cloth with tropical tan JSL marked glass buttons
              Negative! No there are no proofs of that, as has surfaced so far, and that is what is considered as recognised by the majority of serious collectors. This debate has been going on for many years and perhaps your might do a forum search on that topic. Suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

Negative! No there are no proofs of that, as has surfaced so far, and that is what is considered as recognised by the majority of serious collectors. This debate has been going on for many years and perhaps your might do a forum search on that topic. Suggested.
                i dont need to do forum search to know that ,a lot of woodwork stuff and collections is not posted here ,waf is just a very little % from whole collector world ,not long ago was found one in NY area , very small size, in Dachau lot ,with one of them on arm ,and it was even found in original ww2 shipping box . with few other camo stuff .hope that help a bit .

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post

i dont need to do forum search to know that ,a lot of woodwork stuff and collections is not posted here ,waf is just a very little % from whole collector world ,not long ago was found one in NY area , very small size, in Dachau lot ,with one of them on arm ,and it was even found in original ww2 shipping box . with few other camo stuff .hope that help a bit .
                  Burden of prof is on your side claiming that! A forum search is recomended for you. A lot of wisdom and long term knowledge has been shared here during the time. However if you believe in that, please be my guest and happy collecting, but adviced, play it smart and stay happy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X