No announcement yet.

"Pridi K Waffen-SS" reproduction booklet sold by Weitze for 450 euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dog and pony show as usually, please show me please show me Are u getting paid from your friend in Hamburg?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
      dog and pony show as usually, please show me please show me Are u getting paid from your friend in Hamburg?
      Ha Ha....nah, good that i have enough myself to not need anything from him. And yes, show me show me.....same show as it is with clear a fake but no pony and no dog to back it up. Ding Dong......cmon, something must be there to see it is fake, some spot some page, it must be there hidden somewhere. Or wait, maybe it is just the same as you write i get payed from him....maybe you just can't stand the guy and see red carpet when his name pop up. That is then a very objective way, love it If it would be a clear fake, then i would just say so, i don't give a cent on that Guy and we all know here what Stunts he did in the past. But there is nothing for me what shows anything clear fake so why i should then trash it and not ask to give me a bit more of proof it is a fake. hmmmm?
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        I knew you will ask for this as a Weitze supporter...
        Oh really?, AntiqueWW2 has pointed out several dubious items on Wetze's site and he didn't pull any punches either.
        And anyway, name one dealer that doesn't have any fakes for sale?
        If we went through the inventory of all of them and pulled out the fakes one by one, there would be hundreds, if not thousands.
        Here, I'll start with this pile of crap for $8.5k!
        https://epicartifacts.com/product/al...fficers-visor/

Comment

HI,

the case for me is closed from the start : Dietmar confirmed that some inside pages of this booklet are glossy, and that they react to UV light.
          The booklet that Weitze had for sale is 100% identical to my grey variation (bought for 15 euros).
          Also as usual it could be nice to not insult the knowledge of local collectors who are the first to be able to tell about the flooding of repros that are flooding the market, and that the original booklet is impossible to find.

It is clear if you check the pictures of the original booklet that the period paper is nothing like the one of the 15-euro repro.

What i find incredible is - for a said "expert" in paper items - to find "normal" to find modern glossy paper on a period SS recruitment publication for the Ergänzungsstelle XVIII...
          And to say that "it came with other original items, so it is also original".

If this yellow booklet was tested by any laboratory, the results will be defeaning : modern repro.
          And i'm sure the result will be the same as the 15-euro reproduction (bought as a reproduction) i have.

"Believers" and crooks do not understand logic, they do not understand the concept of burden of proof.
          To them, everything is real, unless you prove them it is not... WTF ?

Also i must point out that Weitze is used to get legit stuff, but that this lack of seriousness is not helping their business.
          When you are used to order from a dealer (i was always happy with the stuff i bought from Weitze), you are waiting that they avoid to make such voluntary errors
          (in this case this is not a simple error, as Weitze was informed 6 months ago that it was a reproduction).

If you do not know your stuff, when someone points out that (with as much proofs as i did), you listen to him.
          I'm the first to learn on various subjects almost every day, and it can blow and change my mind sometimes.

Afterall, this is up to everyone to know his stuff, and buy with caution.

See You

Vince

Comment

Sorry, but i see nothing what makes the Grey one identical with the one from Weitze. No idea what the Guy told you is glossy, but if this is glossy Paper i go tomorrow and buy me a new set of Eyes. The one i got with my former Group was used, same Cover and inside written in the same Handwriting also used on several Letters what where also in that Group. So Booklet was 100% real. Will try to get in touch with the new Owner and see if he still has it since it was a long time ago he got it from me. If he still owns it, then i sure be able to get Pictures. If the one from Weitze would have the same glossy white Papers as the Grey one then it is 100% a fake, but based on this Pictures it has just normal Paper used back then. But, you Vince are the one who is focused on Paper Stuff, so you know sure more then i do in this Matter. It would just be great when there is a bit more to it what makes it fake then the Guy who told you it is glossy and glows. The Staff working for Weitze are not really the Brightest Heads, they sold me several Times stuff wrong, described it wrong....i don't give a Cent on what anyone of them tells me. I would not say a word if i would not had the identical one much more used what was without a doubt real. And since we are on a Discussion Forum, it will not hurt anyone to do exactly this for once....and discuss it.

Forgot one more thing. The so called original posted form some Blog. Well, this one is out of some small Museum in Gorjanci where a Guy made his collection Public. Also complete unused. So what makes this thing now more real? Because it is in a small private Museum displayed along with a EK2 and nothing else?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by AntiqueWW2; 08-09-2020, 12:42 PM.
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X