• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norweigian Volunteers in the Waffen SS

Attached Files

This is volunteer Tor Fossness
    Attached Files

Comment

A forum member from Norway is looking to view orig. pics of Norwegian volunteers in the waffen SS. Have any? Please post them here for his ( & all of our) pleasure! Below are pics from a NORDLAND album I own....(please note pic below with "sunwheel" swastika collar patch & Norweigian sleene shield

Alos guys I have around 15,000 unpublished waffen SS pics (original) that covers from the common to the mega rare. If you need anything posted please dont hesitate to ask! (may take me some time but hey Im now a posting junkie!!!!!)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by RD Rygaard; 08-31-2005, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard
        I've seen Nr.1 before i think....or at least the signpost.

You sure that's a Norwegian volunteer? Seems to be SS-TK standarte 'K' to me.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thanks alot for posting Mr. Rygård! Im so glad you wanted to share.
          Im going to put out some of my org photos of Norwegians in the wss. Hope this thread will be well used, as pictures like this is very usefull for our work!

Ps: I dont think the first photo is of a Norwegian wss. I have seen two photos of Norwegians with the totenkopf tab, and they were not in totenkopf. We only have a few Norwegian names that were listed with totenkopf.

Cheers
          Øyvind

Comment

Originally posted by Øyvind
            Thanks alot for posting Mr. Rygård! Im so glad you wanted to share.
            Im going to put out some of my org photos of Norwegians in the wss. Hope this thread will be well used, as pictures like this is very usefull for our work!

Ps: I dont think the first photo is of a Norwegian wss. I have seen two photos of Norwegians with the totenkopf tab, and they were not in totenkopf. We only have a few Norwegian names that were listed with totenkopf.

Cheers
            Øyvind
            Glad you liked the pics Øyvind! All the pics come from the same album & if I remember correctly most Norweigian volunteers were 1st issued reissue TK tunics....however I could be wrong! I look forward to seeing the pics you post as I must admit Norweigians in the Waffen SS sadly make up a small amount of my photo collection! Regards Richard
            PS:
            Any idea of who the first man is? (with "Nordland" collar tab?)

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard
              Glad you liked the pics Øyvind! All the pics come from the same album & if I remember correctly most Norweigian volunteers were 1st issued reissue TK tunics....however I could be wrong! I look forward to seeing the pics you post as I must admit Norweigians in the Waffen SS sadly make up a small amount of my photo collection! Regards Richard
              PS:
              Any idea of who the first man is? (with "Nordland" collar tab?)
              Yes, you are right about the TK tunics, and some of them still had the TK tab attached. One of the photos I have seen come from a Norwegian volunteer that was in Finland. I can ask the owner if I can post it.

Cheers
              Øyvind

Comment

Il start with a little picture from the Norwegian Legion. This photo is from the pz jag kp (14th)

Cheers
                Øyvind
                Last edited by Øyvind; 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

After talking to my good friend and SS-guru here in Norway, he gave me this info regarding Mr. Rygårds photos.

#1: Not a Norwegian, there were several from the Totenkopf stationed in the North of Norway during the war. (I have seen several photos from the Vadsø area)
                  #2. This name is not in any records, and the records are almost complete. It would be great to se a scan of the name!
                  #3. This is not a Norwegian volunteer, but a German wss in rgt "Norge".

Also, it would be great if you posted some more photos of Norwegians Mr. Rygård

Cheers
                  Øyvind

Comment

In reference to you point #1, I believe this was very early in the war and Himmler used these troops to test the anorak for winter use by the Waffen-SS on the Russian Front.

Comment

Originally posted by Øyvind
                      After talking to my good friend and SS-guru here in Norway, he gave me this info regarding Mr. Rygårds photos.

#1: Not a Norwegian, there were several from the Totenkopf stationed in the North of Norway during the war. (I have seen several photos from the Vadsø area)
                      #2. This name is not in any records, and the records are almost complete. It would be great to se a scan of the name!
                      #3. This is not a Norwegian volunteer, but a German wss in rgt "Norge".

Also, it would be great if you posted some more photos of Norwegians Mr. Rygård

Cheers
                      Øyvind
                      I will scan the reverse tonight ...simply the name and 43 ......Im a bit confused with the guy w/ the Norweigian shield is not but from Norge? But then again I have pics of Germans from NORDLAND wearing Latvian shields so I guess anything is possible And lastly lets remeber that KG NORD was in Norway as well all with TK collar tabs (later switching to Heydrich cuffs & SS rune tabs) I love these threads!!!!!!!

Comment

Reinhard Heydrich Regiment (SS-Gebirgsjager-Regiment 11) and Michael Gaissmar (SS-Gebirgsjager-Regiment 12) were originally 6. and 7. SS-Totenkopf-Standarte. All of the Totenkopf-Standarte were used as building blocks as regiments in the Waffen-SS. I believe one even went into the Reich Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                          Reinhard Heydrich Regiment (SS-Gebirgsjager-Regiment 11) and Michael Gaissmar (SS-Gebirgsjager-Regiment 12) were originally 6. and 7. SS-Totenkopf-Standarte. All of the Totenkopf-Standarte were used as building blocks as regiments in the Waffen-SS. I believe one even went into the Reich Division.
                          Bob funny you say that....I just got a Div Reich album off e stand that starts off as TK.....

Comment

According to the Order of Battle for the 2. SS-Panzer-Division "Das Reich" according to UNIFORMS, ORGANIZATIONS AND HISTORY OF THE WAFFEN-SS, VOLUME 2 by Bender & Taylor:

"SS-Infanterie-Regiment 11 (ex-SS-Totenkopf-Regiment 11, disbanded on 1 November 1941 with it's men going to "Deutschland" and "Der Fuhrer" Regiments."

Comment

Still posible to see the reverse of the photo Mr. Rygård?

Cheers
                              Øyvind

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X