X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf Cuff

I think this is a fake? what are your opinions? The obverse
    Attached Files

I really don't like the writing, looks like somethiing done by a kid and the fact it seem to go down to the edging. The reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Your "gut feeling (thinking)" is correct on this: reproduction and not a very good one either... okay for a reenactor but probably not for a living historian.

Comment

This thing is bad all over.

Comment

with a bad RZM label also -should say Reichszugmeisterei der NSDAP!

Comment

Thanks for that Guy's Do you mean instead of "Hersteller"?

Comment

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
              Thanks for that Guy's Do you mean instead of "Hersteller"?
              Actually, no. Instead of reichszugmeisterei it should say reichszugmeisterei der NSDAP. A common error in some of the fake RZM labels

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                Actually, no. Instead of reichszugmeisterei it should say reichszugmeisterei der NSDAP. A common error in some of the fake RZM labels
                Someone said it on another topic, but if this fakers spend lots of time copying cufftitles, tags etc...how they can forget the damned "der NSDAP"

Cheers,

Ricky

Comment

Thanks All

Comment

Ricky, thank God these people make mistakes that we can detect and pick up on... it's the ones that are very clever that we have to worry about. This cuffband took all of 2 seconds to look at and verify it wasn't good. We're fortunate that much of the stuff out there is like this. Otherwise we would have to sit for hours trying to analyze it to determine authenticity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                      Ricky, thank God these people make mistakes that we can detect and pick up on... it's the ones that are very clever that we have to worry about. This cuffband took all of 2 seconds to look at and verify it wasn't good. We're fortunate that much of the stuff out there is like this. Otherwise we would have to sit for hours trying to analyze it to determine authenticity.
                      I agree with you 100%

I was just trying to figure out how they can so stupid, I mean...they must have at least a photo of an original item...sometimes they even writes things like "Host Wessel" - CĀ“mon!!

Cheers,

Ricky

Comment

I've seen a Waffen-SS officer black panzer uniform stenciled in both the jacket and trousers and the word SS-Bekleidungswerke was misspelled. I think the 'id' in the middle was missing... and Ricky... look at it this way... we all need a good laugh sometimes! Hopefully these people won't make contributions to the gene pool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                          I've seen a Waffen-SS officer black panzer uniform stenciled in both the jacket and trousers and the word SS-Bekleidungswerke was misspelled. I think the 'id' in the middle was missing... and Ricky... look at it this way... we all need a good laugh sometimes! Hopefully these people won't make contributions to the gene pool!!!
                          GATTAKA???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X