Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Shutze Collar Tab Opinions

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum or any militaria collecting forum. I have been collecting militaria about 7 years now and have purchased almost all my items from dealers as I learn. I have purchased some items privately that I was comfortable with but have recently purchased an SS Shutze collar tab and I should have joined this forum first as I am not really experienced enough on WW2 German cloth items. I recently purchased a WWI German item for a gentleman on ebay that is a member of this forum so that's how i found this forum. Anyway any help with your opinions on this item is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Chris
    Attached Files

The label at least is 100% fake.

Ian

Comment

Based on the pictures, not one I'd want.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Thank you for your time Ian and Alen. Can you help me with a couple comments as to why this collar tab is not good. I'm trying to learn in this area. Is it the writing is not in gothic letters? I see another rzm paper tag not in gothic letters being discussed as ok. Im not sure what to look for on these rzm paper tags or the cloth/backing material.

Regards,
        Chris

Comment

No to tab and no to tag.....

Comment

Chris it's not the font of the tag, it's that the tag is a copy, a reproduction, a fake. SS cloth is a minefield so if you cannot return this tab then you haven't been burned as much as the rest of us. We have a sales section here and most insignia posted here for sale is safe. Occasionally something gets through but I would keep an eye there. Good luck, buy some good books.

Comment

Thank you all for your opinion on this item as I’m sure you are all advanced SS insignia collectors. I unfortunately can’t return this item to the horrible “collector” misrepresenting it but it is my fault for purchasing an item in an area I am not well versed in yet.

It was my hope to be able to at least learn from this experience and get some comments as to why this is not original. I understand it takes time to go into detail but a comment or two from each collector would be really appreciated to learn from this experience.

Regards,
              Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X