Post war use of Waffen SS camo in the Czech military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post war use of Waffen SS camo in the Czech military

I found these very interesting images taken from post war Czech Military film footage from the late 40's early 50's on Facebook. SS camouflage patterns were definitely used in trials. I suspect that the famous "Pink Smocks" may not be repros at all but actually Czech produced and field tested. Due to political or practical concerns they were not adopted and ended up in storage. Just my thoughts.
    Attached Files

Nice post war use of wartime clothing
    I see plain tree jacket that’s been modified like a Denison smock with a crouch flap and the 23 Italian cloth jacket.
    Great to see the helmet covers being used.

Comment

A small militaria shop in Prague had a planetree 1/2 M42 that had been modified for the same purpose, opened up down the middle and the lower sleeves sometime removed. Sadly someone crudely "restored" it using SMW repro fabric, and the price was still quite high for what it was.

Comment

I would like to see that.
        i had one also cut and sewn up front.
        Did the one you see had a full zip and dot studs ?

Comment

Comment

It didn't have anything still, as someone tried to restore it (albeit using repro cloth). It seemed to have originally had a full zip, though I don't remember if it had holes from studs or not.

Comment

DSCN0370.jpg
              original tarnjacke with Czech post-war modifications like total frontal zip, "denison" type tail and snaps all now removed.
              Attached Files

Comment

not easy to post on the new site :- P
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Höhe 112; 07-05-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Same as my old one.
                  cut down the front.
                  in hindsight probably would have been better with the zip and added collar

Comment

better use for this stuff in former Czechoslovakia was Statni film studio ;-)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X