No announcement yet.

Waffen SS officers cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When attaching insignias cant open silk liner because it was stiched to a cap therefore prongs of insignias are pushed through the silk. 3BFCBD05-FC18-43F2-9307-33E9126BDD9F.jpeg
    Attached Files

Comment

Is this going to be another self authentication based on a few low res photos?

Comment

Dear BenVK,
        Nothing to do with ”self authentication”.
        trying to take fotos but when transfering here..resolution changes.
        Tell me what you need and I try to do the best I can!

Comment

I would vote for Heer re-banded, Sweatband replaced and liner a lot screwed around with...what points all in the Direction of re-banded.
          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Nope, I'm not getting involved in these kind of threads anymore, best of luck

Comment

A clear shot of the shadow of old eagle could tell us a lot. It looks like it might be a Heer eagle to me in one pic, and SS in the other. Where are the prong holes?? I dont see any in the correct locations...

Comment

Mr. clestuff,
                Thanks also to you for decent postings, Iam gratefull for all answers to all who posted here and helped me to study more.
                Those prong holes are now under insignias, but I found them when placing an insignias to where the shadows are. and an previous eagle had three prongs.
                okay, we are looking at original cap with re-placed insignias Am I right?
                And who really got patience and interest..I would love to send more fotos by personal mail.

Comment

I would hate to ask you to "dig" but can you see how many holes are in the pasteboard under the skull area? This will tell you if it's a re-banded Heer, which I don't think it is. There should be only 2 holes for skull prongs. If it were ever Heer it would have more holes further apart where a wreath would have once been. It does look SS to me but liner is questionable.
                  Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                    A clear shot of the shadow of old eagle could tell us a lot. It looks like it might be a Heer eagle to me in one pic, and SS in the other. Where are the prong holes?? I dont see any in the correct locations...
                    It would be simple to simply steam the old outline away with a steamer press wool flat...then whilst wool is hot press SS eagle hard...leaves a permanent Mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X