Show us your RZM 52 TK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin, I only see one possible "RZM 52" skull out of all
    of the Deschler TKs that you have posted.
    They are all very nice, but again, he was only talking about "RZM 52"
    marked Deschler skulls, and yes, the "RZM 52" skull are very rare compared
    to most of the SS skull variations. The first one posted by Tony
    is mine, (Thanks for posting the pics, Tony!).

Also, I just picked up another one this month that is made of brass.
    If anyone wants to post the pics of my new skull here,
    just E-mail me at: FleetMac11@aol.com
    However, I will not be back online until Monday afternoon.

Best, Chris

Comment

Well **** the bed, I thought he was just talking about Dreschler skulls, I must have read his post wrong. I saw the other forum member post a pic of the M1/52 skull. Thus my statement that they were common as I know just 52 marked skulls aren't. I wont let it happen again , I will keep my little boneheads to myself But Thanks Chris for pointing out my Error.

Comment

Danke an Kevin

Thank you Kevin for the images from your collection. In my experience, the "52" marked badges, that is, without the M1 prefix (post March 1935...) are not perhaps as rare as others have suggested here, but far be it from me to second guess the assertions of colleagues in this connection. The # of caps from before 1938 or so surprises me and the bulk of these have Deschler Totenkoepfe, if not always Hoheitszeichen. More astonishing, to be sure, as the badges without any marks or those with a kind of normal commercial Deschler marking w/o use of RZM nomenclature. Such are more rare, I think. To be sure, my interest and knowledge of these badges are linked to the caps themselves as a whole piece. When one discovers one of these "52" pieces on a cap of similar vintage, then such a thing makes more sense in terms of chronology and the struggle to figure out when a given piece was made and worn. I would also observe, in this connection, that the state of our knowledge about these is far from perfect, and that much of the former group think that has adhered to these things has lately been overturned. The latter does keep bearing in mind, especially, for those new to this kind of thing.

Comment

Sorry if I didn't make it clear but Chris is right, I was talking about the RZM 52 marked skulls and not the more commonly seen M1/52's.

The main reason for asking to see some examples was to check that other "52"s had the same rather long pins with squared off ends as mine does.

By the way, the cap can be dated to 1938. I'll be posting more pictures of it soon.

Cheers
          Ben

Comment

Most of them have the squared off pins, but a few had angled
            pins like the later, standard M1/52 skulls, but still without the round discs
            underneath.

Best, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X