SS Black Side Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Black Side Cap

I found a black side cap it has the stamp and all looks good! Looked a bit aged good condition the stamped. Can you plz post picks of original caps especially the eagle and fake ones too so i can see the difference! Thx ! The skull looked ok but was not sure about the eagle. Thx guys
    Last edited by Wolffen; 11-17-2002, 05:12 AM.

They're very rare and not many here will have one to photo..Can you post yours?

Comment

Did not buy it yet one guy is selling it for 400$ think too cheap for a rare one! So not sure if real. The stamp looks good inside are they well faked??? Also can you just post a pick of original eagle that should go on the cap> Where the eagles same of all SS caps? Also a fake eagle too so I can see the difference thx guys

Comment

overseas cap

Wolffen,
        What is "the stamp" that you refer to? You did not elaborate.
        I am no expert but I have collected and studied SS headgear for a little while now.There are many reproductions of these type SS caps and the cloth insignia for them. Also, there are several different variations of original cap skulls and cap eagles. Posting pictures of each would be too much work. There are great reference books by Angolia, Beaver and Hayes that have examples of the insignia for comparison. If you can't get these books, I can email you images of some originals.
        You did not state what model cap you wanted to see an example of. There are three models of SS "overseas" type caps:
        1) 1934 model (pre-war): this has a aluminum death head button and embroidered eagle to the left side. This model can have an RZM oilcloth issue tag, but not always. Private maker stamps common to interior.
        2) 1938 model (transitional army style): This could have either BEVo woven skull in front with BEVo eagle to the left side or some have been seen with the the aluminum death head button and embroidered eagle on left side. No RZM stamps or labels should be found in these. Private maker stamps common.
        3) 1940 model. These caps should have BEVo woven skull and eagle both mounted to the front of the cap. No RZM stamps. Private maker stamps common.

Original SS caps cost much more than the seller is asking for in this case. In comparison, the price for an original silver-gray BEVo skull alone is 200-300 dollars, if you can find a legitimate one. Flatwire officer's skulls can be 300-400 dollars. An original BEVo SS cap eagle is 200 to 300 dollars. A hand emroidered officer's cap eagle 300-400 dollars. That is what a dealer like Bob Hritz or Steve Wolfe would charge you for these items when they can find them. They are hard to find.
        So SS cloth insignia is very rare and priced accordingly.
        I would suggest you study caps/insignia in reference books and look at known examples from major dealers and collectors so you can get an idea about what they should look like and how much they cost. Any purchases should be made with an inspection period, since many times these caps require an examination in person to be certain.
        Kopfjager

Comment

It the late version!

Comment

A couple ss caps for you

one is black panzer NCO the other is early green with cav piping and russian capture stamps hope these help I will post an SS kratchen later.
            Thank you
            Jerry
            Attached Files

Comment

one more

another
              Attached Files

Comment

another

om
                Attached Files

Comment

the green one

g
                  Attached Files

Comment

another

one more
                    Attached Files

Comment

last one

lo
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X