M43 SS NCO tunic ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 SS NCO tunic ...

what are the opinions about that M43 SS NCO tunic? liner is made of blue cotton (which seemed unusal to me) - but i am for from expert about SS clothing ... so need some help please!

pictures can be seen here ...

http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/foorumis...%202%20040.jpg

http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/foorumis...%202%20041.jpg

http://www.wehrmacht.pri.ee/foorumis...%202%20042.jpg

Good morning Sturmmann,

From the pictures that you have posted, I would have reservations about the jacket being original.

Best Regards,
    B. N. Singer

Comment

Is that blue piping around the collar?
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Looks like it. I also never saw lining like that

Comment

more opinions please! nobody ever seen such a blue cotton lining like that?

Comment

Maybe is it coloured/de-coloured......?

IMO it can be a jacket that has been coloured and afterwards de-coloured.....I have seen similar jackets like this....the chemicals used to decolour items - especially when applied several times - always leave a colour...this might be the reason that the lining is now blue....Just an opinion.....

Best regards,

Coco
            Pls. have also a look at my web-site: www.hiscoll.com

sigpic

Comment

I have seen the blue cotton before but not in an SS tunic. I cant remember where though and it might have been in a piece of fake headgear.Wonder why they didnt put a blue tail vent on it couldnt have wasted that much cloth.

Comment

Where did you get it? I got burned on a fake SS uniform from Lativia, and it had a blue linning just like that.
                Regards,
                Paul

Comment

it is not mine - just wanted to hear Your opinions about it!

Comment

In my opinion it's a Latvian repro and somebody tried to remove the blue color of the interior lining, I don't like it.
                    Looking for any original items related to Danish W-SS volunteers

Comment

OK folks, I have been offered a similiar tunic with the same blue liner. It has the satin herringbone under the pocket flaps and on some liner facings - this one from a collector in Spain. Did the forum reach concensus on whether these are good or bad?

s/f Robert

Originally posted by prorege1
                      In my opinion it's a Latvian repro and somebody tried to remove the blue color of the interior lining, I don't like it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X