Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Panzer M43 with Edelweiss

Hi everyone,
    Any thoughts on this? The material looks and feels right, but I have some issues with the construction and the edelweiss. Nothing glows on it.
    Thanks,
    Keith
    Attached Files

picture #2

pic #2
    Attached Files

Comment

picture #3

pic #3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic #4

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic #5

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic #6

pic #6
            Attached Files

Comment

pic #7

Attached Files

Comment

m-43

In my opinion this is not an original WSS panzer m-43 cap. It also has a repro embroidered trapezoid machine sewn to it. Sorry but there is no doubt for me on this insignia. The over-exposed pictures of the edelweiss are not clear enough to give an opinion on the originality of the edelweiss itself, but WHY would a panzer cap have this embroidered mouintain insignia. I have collected WSS panzer headgear quite a while and have never seen this combination on a real example.
                Jerry

Comment

As Jerry has mentioned above the Trap is a fake this is machine sewn to the cap in the same way as the edelweiss what does that tell you! sorry
                  cheers
                  Gary

Comment

Looks like there's two trapezoids on the cap, one sewn on top of the other, or do my eyes decieve me..

Comment

I thought that too Ben Cannot say I like any of it. But it might be interesting to see what is underneath?

Cheeers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                        The over-exposed pictures of the edelweiss are not clear enough to give an opinion on the originality of the edelweiss itself, but WHY would a panzer cap have this embroidered mouintain insignia. I have collected WSS panzer headgear quite a while and have never seen this combination on a real example.
                        Jerry
                        "Prinz Eugen" had a Panzer-Abteilung, so it is not impossible to encounter Panzer caps with the Edelweiss insignia.

All the best,

Cees

Comment

Actually this particular reproduction has two lines of sewing. The outer is a small zig-zag stitch. The inner is an "L" shaped stitch. I believe the cap maker has sewn a stiffener behind the trap, hence the second set of thread.
                          I have handled this exact same reproduction black m-43, from Manion's auction house a few years ago. The one I have handled did not have an edelweiss though. If you like I can post some pics of the cap later. Same exact trap machine sewn the same exact way to a identical black m-43.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
                            Thank you for the help. I did not like it myself, I had too many questions about it. I have never come across this trapizoid before though, and especially the way it was sewn.
                            Thanks again,
                            Keith

Comment

here is the same type of fake on a tan tropical backing, I have seen them on black, green and tan they all have this type of stitch around the outside

cheers
                              Gary
                              PS please take time to add this to the fake thread at the top of the forum
                              Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X