Red Piped SS Visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
    Well all these SS caps are rare in my opinion. We cannot discount a cap just because it is ultra-rare and in exceptional condition. I certainly see nothing wrong with this cap. It seems to me that those who say that the branch-piped visors were never available through depot or kleiderklasse system are simply guessing about this. Does anyone have any documentation to support this idea?The cap looks correct in the photos and more than warrants a good hands-on exam. I really don't need to know where the cap came from to say I like it or not.
    Jerry

Colour piped caps were certainly issued, be it for for a limited period, I remember in the early seventies Mollo turning up 6 or 8 red piped (Cloth peaked) crusher caps, all totally mint and unissued with textbook rust coloured lining. They were found in Poland.(The example I owned is shown on page 29 of Headgear of Hitler's Germany Vol 2 Bender books).

Regards Hiag

Comment

Thanks to All

Again, I wish to thank the members for your assistance on assessing this cap. Although I was comfortable with the cap; I certainly would never claim to have any knowledge of the correct pointers necessary for a correct visor. To have such a vast body of knowledge available, so easily, makes our hobby, at the least, much "safer" and therefore - more fun.

Afterall that is why we agonize over these things - right? - we are having fun!

Many thanks, now the real problem - keep/sell?

Regards,
      Rich

Comment

Good looking EM Visor, an enlisted artillery piped visor is always good to see pop up

Best Regards

David
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rich -

I know you said you are keeping the Panzer lid, but I guess if money is not an issue (IE, needing to turn one over to afford the other), you have to ask the question "when will I EVER see another one in this condition?"

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC
            Hi Rich -

I know you said you are keeping the Panzer lid, but I guess if money is not an issue (IE, needing to turn one over to afford the other), you have to ask the question "when will I EVER see another one in this condition?"

Don
            Don,

I am very lucky that selling it for the money is not really an issue. But this is a little outside my interest (Panzer). I have been collecting long enough now to realize I would rather keep everything - but of course that is not possible.

Someone suggested I try to trade for something more panzer oriented - which would be a good option.

Thanks for the post.

Regards,
            Rich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X