X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the flandern

im getting this in a week or so heres a sneak preview
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anthony Evans; 07-22-2005, 07:23 PM.

Mmm... are you sure? I bought that book on Ebay yesterday...

Gerd

Comment

because the item got pulled from ebay i contacted the guy prior to it being sold and informed him that if it does get cancelled that im still interested in it. it got cancelled and i bought it from him

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
        because the item got pulled from ebay i contacted the guy prior to it being sold and informed him that if it does get cancelled that im still interested in it. it got cancelled and i bought it from him
        I contacted him the day before yesterday and offered a price to buy it before the end of the auction. The seller agreed and I paid him 250 USD with paypal. After that the seller himself cancelled the auction.
        Did you pay for this book too, Anthony??

Gerd
        Last edited by willysproject; 07-23-2005, 03:59 AM.

Comment

So you both guys paid him? You are ripped of or on of you payed him more so one of you will get it. I don't really like the way of behaviour of the seller...

Junior, back on the forum

Comment

Strange business dealings to say the least!
            "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Oooooops!

Comment

Now this could be interesting.....

Cheers
                Øyvind

Comment

im glad this forum exists

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject
                    I contacted him the day before yesterday and offered a price to buy it before the end of the auction. The seller agreed and I paid him 250 USD with paypal. After that the seller himself cancelled the auction.
                    Did you pay for this book too, Anthony??

Gerd
                    Well, the problem here is... if you had won it fair and square, there would have been some e-bay protection... by having the auction cancelled there is no way to complain to ebay... its lost.... for both of youse.

Comment

were not complaining to ebay where complaining to paypal to stop payment

Comment

well ... thats a tough situation, but just to let you know ... pulling an item off bid to sell before the time expires also violates ebay policy .. but then again I'm sure it happens all the time ....

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                          well ... thats a tough situation, but just to let you know ... pulling an item off bid to sell before the time expires also violates ebay policy .. but then again I'm sure it happens all the time ....
                          No Darrel,
                          Ebay allows the seller to cancel his auction(s).

I haven't heard of the seller up till now... Anyway, the paypal complaint is filed

regards,
                          Gerd

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject
                            No Darrel,
                            Ebay allows the seller to cancel his auction(s).
                            regards,
                            Gerd
                            Hmmm I guess I misunderstand this statement then taken off their POLICY STATEMENT:

QUOTE*

eBay prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed items outside of the eBay site. Offers of this nature circumvent eBay's fee structure and are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers.

Some examples of outside of eBay offers include:
                            • Using information obtained through eBay to offer to buy or sell a listed item outside of eBay.
                            • Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who became aware of the item through eBay.
                            • Ending a listing early to sell the item at a higher price to the winning bidder.
                            • Offering to sell an item to a bidder in a Reserve Not Met listing.
                            • Offering to sell duplicate or additional merchandise underbidders.
                            UNQUOTE*

Comment

Darrell,

You are right then Ebay policy doesn't permit it... But yet, the seller can always cancel his auctions. So selling before the end of an auction is always possible and thus in a way allowed.

regards,
                              Gerd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X