Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please examine a 100% original SS cap eagle

Backside of eagle:

I also have another story about how huge amounts of German uniforms were destroyed here in Norway after the war: A few years after the war some barracks were emptied for German uniforms and leftovers. It was a huge truck full of German uniforms that were transported to what then was “Hærmuseet” (equal to the Imperial War Museum in UK). As they came to the museum with this huge pile of German uniforms the Director said “These items belonged to criminals. So they should be transported to a police museum and not a military museum. We do not want them!” Well, to keep a short story short: Every single uniform were DESTROYED!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by militaria.no; 07-20-2005, 01:38 AM.

Please examine a 100% original SS cap eagle

Hello again Gentlemen!

I got this SS cap eagle around 1993. My father told about my hobby to a friend who was in the Norwegian resistance (Hjemmefronten) during the war. On May 9th, one day after the Germans capitulated in Norway, he took part in the “liberation” of Viktoria Terasse in Oslo. This is where SS, Gestapo and Polizei had their Headquarters. He told my father that they emptied the rooms where the Germans stored their uniforms, carried everything outside, poured gasoline on the pile and lit up a fire (this is his feeling for the situation, not mine!) But just before that, he removed this eagle as a souvenir.... (yes, THIS is me!) It must be from either an SS overseas cap or SS M43 cap.

So now you have the chance to study a 100% original resistance liberated SS eagle. Hope this will be of any help

Best regards
    Marius
    Attached Files
    Last edited by militaria.no; 07-20-2005, 01:28 AM.

Comment

your right

100 % originel i have head a deadshead in the same style but it was never put on any headgear.
      great item you have.

regards johan

Comment

Looks as normal period made item

Comment

I agree, a very nice original eagle with a most interesting story attached to it! Very interesting to see the remaining thread as well. It tells something about how it was attached to the cap.

All the best,

Cees

Comment

many thanks

Many thanks for the interesting image of what I would think is a real piece, as well as the account of the destruction of the other regalia. I am sure this process was repeated thousands of times over throughout what had been Nazi Europe. I guess the souvenir-mad fellow Americans did their bit to retard the whole sale wipe out of this regalia. The mentality of 1945 as you portray it is quite accurate.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X