SS Greatcoat Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Greatcoat Armband

Hello.I might unload this armband, but want opinions first.This is for the SS greatcoat.Why do you not see many for sale?All opinions are welcome.P.S-This is unissued. Regards,Darrick
    Attached Files

2nd
    Attached Files

Comment

Last
      Attached Files

Comment

shouldnt it have the black threads on the top and bottm?

Comment

Hello Darrick, This is a standard party armband, and not for SS. I think the tag is reproduction.

Comment

The tag looks OK, I have had these before with the ss rzm tags . Why they have ss Rzm tags I do not know

Comment

So,these weren't made for greatcoats?Does anyone have another example?

Comment

I've seen a few, even owned one if I remember correctly, that had a SS RZM tag w/o the black borders. Vet pick-up I believe, and authentic. Are there war time images showing SS members wearing them?

Comment

Darrick-

You identification of this piece as a great coat armband is correct.
                  Bob

Comment

Interesting. The shape of the white disc, (more round than for a tunic), would indicate a greatcoat, but for SS?

Comment

Johann-

Yes, for some reason the greatcoat armband white disc is not oblong like the tunic armband. I have an earlier example of this armband with the cloth SS RZM tag dated 36. I have seen untouched greatcoats with and without black bordered armbands.
                      Possibly one of our colleagues such as Derrick Chapman or Donald Abenheim may have some information regarding the regulations regarding these armbands. I have one black oficer's great coat and it has a black bordered armband with a very round white disc.
                      Bob

Comment

Thanks to all that replied.I appreciate it. Regards,Darrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X